Negative Reputation

Either/Or on this one.

Like I said earlier, ignore the rep. system.

Just carry on as you are.

If you get positive rep' then well done to both the sender, for acknowledging the great help he/she received and to the recipient for giving great advice/help.

If you get negative rep' then tough titty I guess. Move on and help the next person/crack a joke in the social area/make banter etc.

Again, I'm fine with getting neg. rep., but it's really annoying when a person just gives it because they got some.

Just don't worry about it. I think you need to get up go out into the sunshine and spend some time in the real world once you start getting stressed over silly things like this. Realize it is only a forum.

Just don't worry about it. I think you need to get up go out into the sunshine and spend some time in the real world once you start getting stressed over silly things like this. Realize it is only a forum.

It's hard to when its below 0C outside. :D

Seriously though...I know what you mean.

Personally I think the whole thing is a joke. It just strokes your ego to get a little green bar under your name. And pisses you off if some one gives you a neg rep. Well I'm here to tell ya it don't mean squat.

Guests and new members read these threads where you're bickering and the whole thing just goes down the drain. And threads like the Confusedgirl thread show conclusily that the little green bar doesn't mean shit about how much you know or how helpful you are if you can't act like you have some common sense in your heads. Some, not all, in that thread acted like a pack of wolves. The lead off in that thread was she had already decided she wanted a dual core and was on a budget. You should have offered some suggestions in the framework of what she wanted. But NNNOOOO. Ya'll beat her over the head with this and that and argued amongst yourselves in the thread.

So the little green bars don't mean you're smarter or more helpful. To me any way...

Ok. I'm going to make my point one last time because I don't thinks it's getting through. Either that or nobody is reading my first post. What annoys me is people giving neg rep because they get some. If you neg rep me for any other reason I won't care.

Back
Top Bottom