Motherboard Problem (chaintech)

iffy

In Runtime
I have a chaintech 7VJL deluxe motherboard. Unfortunately I'm having problems connecting the power switch, led etc. Does anyone know how to connect the swithches? Or does anyone know of an online user manual for this motherboard? Lost mine! Thanks in advance.

No user manual downloads seen at their support site. http://www.chaintech.com.tw/a41_product_downloads.php?type=pro&mk=183&sk=

You will have to get in there with a small pocket sized magnifying glass and penlight to have a close look at any colored or marked pins on the small block in case they printed pled, hled, reset, pwr as a reference. On the next build make sure to look at what the support site offers before going with an awkward make since they skimped out there.

If it's like that I kinda guess and check until I get it to power on... Usually the power is labeled at least though. When the power is found, plug in the others to try and get them to work. Power LED would be a solid light, HDD would be blinking probably...and so on.

It's too bad you didn't draw a wiring diagram prior to unplugging the wires in the last case if that was in another previously to show which pins were used for what if no markings are visiable. Most boards however will see some form of marking for each pair of pins on the first small block even for adding on a small speaker for post beep codes.

According to one review the user manual is seen in pdf form on one of the software disks included with the board. That would be a good place to check if you still have those onhand. http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/roundupmobo/chaintech-7vjl-deluxe-kt400.html

As dodge said, pretty much all boards use the same arrangement of the pins for the connections. I can remember where power is, but I always have to look up where the other ones plug into.

The link you posted there requires logging in first to avoid the "forbidden access" message.

The main 24 or 20+4 power connector is not the problem. On most boards you see two small blocks of tiny pins pointing upward where the wires coming in from the front or top panel for the power button, reset if one is seen, power led, and hard drive activity led go on.

Those are generally found at the bottom edge of the board opposite of the pci slots. Sometimes those are separate individual wires tagged with some harnesses while others will have two wires going into a plug with lettering like the one seen in the photo here.

The link you posted there requires logging in first to avoid the "forbidden access" message.

The main 24 or 20+4 power connector is not the problem. On most boards you see two small blocks of tiny pins pointing upward where the wires coming in from the front or top panel for the power button, reset if one is seen, power led, and hard drive activity led go on.

Those are generally found at the bottom edge of the board opposite of the pci slots. Sometimes those are separate individual wires tagged with some harnesses while others will have two wires going into a plug with lettering like the one seen in the photo here.

I know what I'm talking about. If the pic would've worked I wouldn't sound like an idiot...and yes...I meant front panel power connector and whatnot... I literally just got done rewiring one. The pic isn't as clear or big as I'd like it to be, but it looks like there's just one row of pins on the connector...it's really weird TBH (just like the ASUS board I was working with). Life would be easier if they were all the same but that's not an option.

The pic worked through google so hmm...
first pic on the left

Then in the pic, the connector is at the bottom left I believe...

EDIT: Maybe there are two rows...my eyes are bad and that's the best pic I could find....hmm..

That's an older board to start with explaining only seeing a single row on each block. You have to look closely along the edge of the board when moving upward on the left side of the photo seen there.

On other photos you would often see the pci slots on the left with the main block simply seen along the bottom edge due to how the board is illustrated. With only a single row on each block that will simplify things even more there then on a new board seeing dual rows.

Back
Top Bottom