Do YOU Like vista?

Love it. Basic on my lappy and premium on my desk rig.
Only problems I have are caused by the loose nut between the chair and the keyboard.

I find it funny some people will search for weeks for a LINUX driver that works for a particular piece of hardware and still not find one and just accept it as being ok...yet if it's windows then there is hell to pay.

Lol, real talk there. I think since it is a free os people feel they should be happy it almost works. If they pay for it though, that is a different story. If it's not perfect, people are going to rage! :mad:

I'm pretty neutral on the Vista thing. I haven't had any problems when I used it, everything went smoothly. I just have no incentive to switch (except for dx10, grr). I just think that for the price they were selling it for when it first came out, it should have brought something totally new to the table.

xp and windows 7 ftw, vista is just a con, there was no need for it being out, just making money for microsoft, whats the point in vista being out 2/3 years when xp is still used, not many companies use vista, they are sticking with xp, prob until win7 sp1 is out, i think they should of just made more drivers for xp 64-bit and updated it to support dx10, there is way to much crap that comes with vista that you dont need. i think vista is just like windows me

That doesn't make very much sense.

what doesnt make sense
i feel that i bought vista supporting Microsoft and now because it isnt as successful as they'd like windows 7 is coming out and im forced to pay more money so soon to stay updated
so ill be getting it for "free"
get it? normally id buy it but i feel to gypt in this situation

xp and windows 7 ftw, vista is just a con, there was no need for it being out, just making money for microsoft, whats the point in vista being out 2/3 years when xp is still used, not many companies use vista, they are sticking with xp, prob until win7 sp1 is out, i think they should of just made more drivers for xp 64-bit and updated it to support dx10, there is way to much crap that comes with vista that you dont need. i think vista is just like windows me

actually you are wrong, i work as tech for a few companies and they are all now switching over to vista...windows 7 isnt coming out till 2010 either. They cant make it support dx10, because when xp came out ONLY dx9 was out..dx10 is hardware based, and the operating system would have to be rewritten for that compatibility. You wanna take the time to do that?

actually you are wrong, i work as tech for a few companies and they are all now switching over to vista...windows 7 isnt coming out till 2010 either. They cant make it support dx10, because when xp came out ONLY dx9 was out..dx10 is hardware based, and the operating system would have to be rewritten for that compatibility. You wanna take the time to do that?

windows xp came out using dx8 not dx9
the latest dx can easily be updated you do how ever need new hardware to take full advantage of it
why doesnt xp had dx10? its so gamers would go out and by vista

windows xp came out using dx8 not dx9
the latest dx can easily be updated you do how ever need new hardware to take full advantage of it
why doesnt xp had dx10? its so gamers would go out and by vista

dx10 is drastically different from dx9. It requires emulation to run anything dx9 or earlier, whereas through dx9, there was no emulation required.

all dx are backwards compatible and can run earlier versions
updating xp to use dx10 would not require a whole new coding of the os

all dx are backwards compatible and can run earlier versions
updating xp to use dx10 would not require a whole new coding of the os

I wasn't the one who said that it would require a rewrite. dx10 does have emulation for dx9 and earlier so it can run all of the existing games. Games can't be just one version, though. A dx10 game that also runs on xp needs to include a different dx9 version for xp. Do some reading up on DirectX. There is somebody who claims to have dx10 working on xp.

ya thats true you need it to be compatible
and where did you hear that?

Back
Top Bottom