Do YOU Like vista?

Didn't a lot of people hate XP when it came out too? I ask because I wasn't into computers back then.

Yes, and it was actually a lot buggier than vista when it was released. I think we have Vista's beta's to thank for that.

But I have vista on my two computers and I love it. I will never willingly go back to XP.

Didn't a lot of people hate XP when it came out too? I ask because I wasn't into computers back then.
Yup, it sure was. But then you have to remember that when MS releases anything new, people hate it because it's from Microsoft and most people hate change.

The most hated piece of MS software was Windows ME. It truly was a major piece of crapola. It was no more than Win 98 with a pretty dress on. :rolleyes:

love vista
windows 7 looks amazing
wont buy it tho cuz i feel gypt that i bought vista and now 7 is already coming out but ill still get it

I meant most of the current complaint is from nothing. As an OS, at this moment in time Vista is fully acceptable. Sure, people had problems before SP1 came out, but that is exactly why SP1 came out when it did, to fix those issues. Problems that existed earlier but would no longer affect a PC user should not be held against the OS on the whole.

yeah, current complaint is unfounded, but like I said, so many people were turned off early on (mostly because XP is such a great OS) that they fed into the myth later and never took the chance that Microsoft did a good job with SP1, the stigma is still there to this day, you could argue that Windows 7 is really nothing but an optimized Vista...

Yes. I recently got a new computer with Vista 64 installed, and it's been great. I know there have been issues with Vista over the years, but I think if you have a good machine, vista's the way to go. I've had no lock ups. I switched over from an XP 32 bit, so I'm still getting used to the new interface. I've installed all updates, and the machine is very stable. I recently had to do a clean install due to a corrupt system file (improper shutdown), but other than that I've encountered no problems with Vista. If you have a machine capable of running it, I would definitely go ahead with it. (64 bit).

i use vista on one of the computers in class but on my home pc i have xp pro and until updates are suspended or until xp is no longer supported i have no need to spend money on a new OS

Yep all the same crap being said about Vista was said about Xp. All the same crap will be said when windows 7 comes out no doubt. It just gets boring.

most of those who had no problems at all with it probably either bought prebuilt systems with Vista (which were tested with specific hardware that engineers could make sure worked before releasing the product) or just got lucky with their previous hardware choices that just happened to be supported by Vista,
I must be a damn lucky person then because on the half dozen or so pc's of totally different hardware configs I have installed Vista on I have never had one single hardware compatibility issue.

I can even tell you that to this day there is still no Vista driver for Hawking's HWP54G rev. T2 wireless adapter (PCI)...
That's the fault IMO of the manufacturer of that card. You can't expect microsoft to have a driver for every o\s they release that works with every bit of hardware that has ever been made.

I find it funny some people will search for weeks for a LINUX driver that works for a particular piece of hardware and still not find one and just accept it as being ok...yet if it's windows then there is hell to pay.

you could argue that Windows 7 is really nothing but an optimized Vista...

which is another thing that grinds my gears. I see so many people say they hate vista with a passion and they will never buy it. But then say that they love windows 7 and can't wait for it to come out. They are very similar really by all accounts.

I just put Vista back on my rig last week, and I'm loving it. Super quick and intuitive.

Initially when it came out, it had problems and a lot of hardware didn't have drivers yet, particularly for the x64 build. But with SP1, it's been completely stable. And I'm running x64, and I found drivers for all my hardware.

Back
Top Bottom