Do YOU Like vista?

I went to Start > Control Panel > System Maintenance > System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left. Click the System Protection tab in the next window, and remove the check next to your drive(s).

The talk of it being buggy is on the most part completely unfounded. It's a decent OS, i still prefer XP but Vista has it's disadvantages, at the end of the day every OS sucks but vista itself as a piece of software, not bad at all.

it's being buggy was not "unfounded", it's bugginess was very real, but most of the complaints were when it was first released, I used it and some programs I liked to run (most notably winAVI) wouldn't run, it wasn't that it would run slow, or was buggy, bit it just would not run at all period, my guess is that the widespread bugginess that was reported was because more people than ever now build their own systems so some of their hardware that they hand picked and pieced together didn't work, all of my hardware worked, but I had friends who had hardware that didn't work with it...

most of those who had no problems at all with it probably either bought prebuilt systems with Vista (which were tested with specific hardware that engineers could make sure worked before releasing the product) or just got lucky with their previous hardware choices that just happened to be supported by Vista, of course when later service packs were available most of the incompatiblilities were fixed, but by then Vista had turned off thousands (maybe millions?) of potential customers who just said bunk it and stuck with XP, I can even tell you that to this day there is still no Vista driver for Hawking's HWP54G rev. T2 wireless adapter (PCI)...

I ran a XP/Vista dual boot for months, but got sick of having to reboot every time I wanted to use winAVI and so my Vista went unused for about 2 months before I just said screw it and reinstalled my XP and got rid of the Vista, now I have Windows 7 and XP dual booted and I haven't booted up in XP since mid January, the next operating system I will buy is going to be Windows 7, I have had no problems and it's basically Vista with a lighter footprint...

need to strip out
windows defender
windows mail
windows movie maker
windows live messenger download
sidebar
and whole lotta other crap
needs to stop downloading all this unecessary security updates
p

uhm i should neg rep you for saying windows defender and live messenger and security updates...messenger was on XP also...so seriously...

it's being buggy was not "unfounded", it's bugginess was very real

I meant most of the current complaint is from nothing. As an OS, at this moment in time Vista is fully acceptable. Sure, people had problems before SP1 came out, but that is exactly why SP1 came out when it did, to fix those issues. Problems that existed earlier but would no longer affect a PC user should not be held against the OS on the whole.

Didn't a lot of people hate XP when it came out too? I ask because I wasn't into computers back then.

Back
Top Bottom