Big problem

xxjon

Beta member
Ok so my computer wont load windows, and when i take out the HDD and put it in another computer that computer loads windows fine, when my first computer trys to load it the XP loading screen dont come up it flashes BSOD and restarts, when i tryed to reinstall windows on my first computer it wont let me telling me to troubleshoot probles in safe mode....so i dont know what to do if my first computer wont load windows but my second one loads windows fine on the same hard drive..help?

I don't know what to tell you. I'm stomped. Give me some time to think about this and Ill report back. Fact that I just woke up might have to do with it.

Was the operating system originally installed while the drive was in the first computer?

If you have multiple sticks of memoery try running them one at a time. You could try resetting the CMOS.

alright thanks

resetting the cmos? using a boot cd like UBCD or manually?

and the OS was orginaly installed on second computer, just put into first to see if it would work, and i wiped another HDD to zeros and tryed to install windows and it burned up my burner, and now it wont open, but thats easy fix, just worried about getting windows working again on the computer

ive got tons of memory, dont think thats the problem ive switched ram between first and second computer and first runs it good in memtest and second one runs it good

No, there's a jumper on the motherboard you switch over for 30 seconds - 1 minute while the computer is shutdown and disconnected from the wall outlet. You can also pop out the battery on the motherboard for a minute or so.

and the OS was orginaly installed on second computer, just put into first to see if it would work,
There's your problem.

OK, you'll either need to do a full reinstall of Windows while the drive is in the first computer, or do a repair install as shown here: XP Repair install. You can't just swap hard drives from one computer to another and expect the OS to start right up. The motherboards use different drivers and addresses for their components and Windoes will just refuse to operate when it can't resolve those issues.

i cant reinstall windows on the first computer it wont let me, an error comes up telling me to reboot in safe mode and troubleshoot an problems, and to cheack to see if new hardware is installed correctorly

but i cant, it errors every time

well im going to try everything i can now ill get back to you in a bit tell you how it went

Back
Top Bottom