Windows Vista Password Recovery

lalapopo

Beta member
Hi all, I have a windows Vista PC that I am currently typing from. I am logged into the only account on the computer. The problem is, I cant seem to find the password that my son has set for the computer, and he keeps changing the password(to his school account password) whenever I go off to work just to spite me. I wanted to ask you all if there is a way to find out what the password is, NOT reset it, but actually retrieve the password using command prompt. I called up HP tech support, and the overseas tech support got me to something to do with netuser and then the line got cut. After waiting over two hours to get my answer, I am not willing to go through all that hassle again and so I just typed in computer forums in google, and voila, this is what I get. Please assist me in this process. As you know, for us Generation Xers computing is not exactly intuitive. Once again, all I need to do is just find out what the password is, not reset it. Thank you all,

Michael T.

PS- I am currently logged on to the computer after coercing my son to type in the password for me in return for raising his allowance; would you believe it? I dont want to log off so that I have to ask him again. Please assist me. Thank you.

Hi all, I have a windows Vista PC that I am currently typing from. I am logged into the only account on the computer. The problem is, I cant seem to find the password that my son has set for the computer, and he keeps changing the password(to his school account password) whenever I go off to work just to spite me. I wanted to ask you all if there is a way to find out what the password is, NOT reset it, but actually retrieve the password using command prompt. I called up HP tech support, and the overseas tech support got me to something to do with netuser and then the line got cut. After waiting over two hours to get my answer, I am not willing to go through all that hassle again and so I just typed in computer forums in google, and voila, this is what I get. Please assist me in this process. As you know, for us Generation Xers computing is not exactly intuitive. Once again, all I need to do is just find out what the password is, not reset it. Thank you all,

Michael T.

PS- I am currently logged on to the computer after coercing my son to type in the password for me in return for raising his allowance; would you believe it? I dont want to log off so that I have to ask him again. Please assist me. Thank you.

You could just create a new user for yourself.

Go to Control Panel
User Accounts
Mange Accounts
And create a new account

If I did this to my dad first my privelages woulda been taken away, next my allowance woulda been non existant, 3rd the belt would come off, and 4th oh wait there wouldn't have been a 4th after the 3rd fo sho.

I know if you boot safe mode you can get the administrator account which can do anything in XP. Not sure about vista. If you are logged in now, create an administrator account with a password you know, then transfer all the files to it and delete his, and then charge HIM to use the computer.

0Phcrack for Windows Vista - Best and easiest Password hacker.

yes Ophcrack works a charm.

Now to the OP, the manufacturer probably was gonna have you change the password without knowing it. For example net user (His account name here) *

Then u would be prompted to enter a new password.U wont see it being typed though. After that u have to type it once again to confirm the password..

But then again u will get System error 5 ..access denied.

Or something like that.

i would beat his ass til he took off the password

and then beat his ass some more

and just for fun, beat his ass one more time

then when he's assless, beat his ass again

all said and done, i would say "i forgive you" and give him one more ass beating

if you somehow happen to recover the password, make sure you change it and dont tell him the new one

and then threaten to "beat his ass" if he ever does it again

Back
Top Bottom