Need help with Hard to get rid of SPYWARE

Fawk, now I get some other error. I finally got past the NTLDR, now it says something about a BOOT.ini file real fast, and says...

<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.

When it rains, it pours.

Insert your XP disk into the CD drive, choose the boot from command prompt option in the menu that you are presented with

At the command prompt, type in the following:

copy X:\I386\Driver.cab c:\system32\ntoskrnl.exe /v

(X is the letter of your CDROM drive) ;)

Press Enter

Take the CD out when verified and reboot your computer.

Are you talking about the command prompt in the repair option? Which is what I was using to copy the other files. If so, I typed that command and it wont work. =(

Says the parameter is not valid, is the entire command typed correctly?

And also, if i try .exe/v without a space at the end, it says Access is denied, not sure what that is.

Hmm. . .

Just found this:
Missing or corrupt ntoskrnl.exe file

If the ntoskrnl.exe file is corrupt or missing this can also generate the error. To restore this file follow the below steps.

1. Insert the Microsoft Windows XP CD. Note: If you have a recovery CD or a restore CD and not a Microsoft Windows XP CD it is likely the below steps will not resolve your issue.
2. Reboot the computer, as the computer is starting you should see a message to press any key to boot from the CD. When you see this message press any key.
3. In the Microsoft Windows XP setup menu press the R key to enter the recovery console.
4. Select the operating system you wish to fix, and then enter the administrator password.
5. Type expand d:\i386\ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\windows\system32
6. You will then be prompted if you wish to overwrite the file type Y and press enter to overwrite the file.
7. Type exit to reboot the computer.
NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt.

I did...

copy D:\I386\Driver.cab c:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe /v

Copied the file, but still gives the same error >.> lol hmmm

Now I'm working on finding a fix for...\system32\hal.dll

lol you arent even kidding it POURS. >.< Now I'm soaked in errors haha.

I think you quit while you're ahead and try a repair install. It will save you the headache of chasing down every new error that pops up.

Back
Top Bottom