Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the world of technology! After most of us built our core 2 quad systems here, the i7 line came out. Man were we pissed. The dual cores should comfortably last you for the next year or so. The quads should hopefully last 3-4, with what you're doing.

you should know I dont upgrade every single time there is a new technology out.

If that's the case, why not get the quad? Wouldn't X<$15 save you more than $100 in a while?

Hey guys. Let's chill out. She doesn't want a quad-core so let's not force it on her. For what she does a high-clocked dual-core will be fine for 2 years if not more. Web browsers, media players, etc. have yet to reach the dual-threaded base. She's not a "latest-game-out" gamer so he she won't need a quad for a while. If she got a quad core she'd have that thing for a very long time. The processor industry is increasing at a much steeper rate than the programming industry. There's no way programs will keep up with the multi-core architecture. In a few years she can upgrade to a more efficient processor if need be. For all we know the programming industry could have a break through that would leap them ahead of the processor industry. You never know.

Microsoft should put more effort into what they do. Sometimes I get the feeling they just half-ass it to make more money. Like...the way it is...W7 isn't really necessary.

So true. It's just that so many people blindly trust Microsoft, they follow them on a whim.

Alright, this thread has been settled, she likes what she is buying. You guys are just beating a dead horse talking about quad core.

Shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom