Negative Reputation

[RANT]

If someone gives you negative reputation it is usually because you did something they judge to be bad and their simply trying to help you out. Negative rep. is supposed to be constructive advice, no? What pisses the hell out of me is when people give it back to you for no reason. Goddamn people, grow the f*** up. I've said many times, I don't mind getting negative rep. if it's because I did something wrong, but please, giving it just for revenge....give me a break. The next person who gives me a neg. rep. because I gave a neg. rep. will be neg. repped every time I find myself able to do so. I don't care if you think this is childish or not...you obviously care about your rep. if you're doing this so I will take it away.

[/RANT]

Didnt you give me a negative rep because I gave you a negative rep because you said you were hoping that my external wont work anymore, and that I learn a lesson in one of my threads?

I did man...but how long ago was that? Didn't I also send you quite a few PMs about it? Didn't I give you like twice the rep. back because of my actions? I'm not going to hide the fact that I've done some of the things I rant about. You know, I went through things and I learned better. I'm trying to prevent others from taking the route that I took. In fact I was just PMing T-Man about this.

Obviously you care about it more than we do. I don't think "Having the wrong attitude" is a good reason to negative rep someone. You're crying about receiving negative rep for a "stupid reason", when you say you don't even care about it. You really need to teach yourself the same lesson you are trying to preach to us.

Obviously you care about it more than we do. I don't think "Having the wrong attitude" is a good reason to negative rep someone. You're crying about receiving negative rep for a "stupid reason", when you say you don't even care about it. You really need to teach yourself the same lesson you are trying to preach to us.

What is a good reason to give negative rep then? When you don't like someone? When someone innocently says something that isn't accurate or right? How does my rant make you think I care about my reputation? Give me a break...green bars don't mean anything. I've already said this in another thread and I'll say it again, you can give me negative reps all the way to 0 and I won't care. I think people would still see me the same way. If they don't then there is obviously something wrong this forum. I am completely fine with receiving bad reputation for having a firebrand behaviour, for giving wrong information, for being stupid, w/e. I don't care. However, if you give me neg. rep. because I gave you neg. rep. then I have a problem. Why? Because it pisses me off that someone can't deal with receiving bad rep without having to give some back.

You said heaps of times that you don't even take notice of rep though? Why are you getting to upset about it if that's the case

The way I use rep. is to check if I'm being helpful to others. For example, today, ConfusedGirl gave me some reputation for helping her out with her problem. To me, this is a good sign. It means I'm being a good member (at least on my point of view). So it annoys me when someone gives me bad reputation without constructive criticism; when some gives me bad reputation just because I gave it to them. I guess I should be more specific when I say that I don't take notice of reputation. I guess what I mean is that I don't take notice of how much reputation I have. I do like to hear good feedback though.

How does my rant make you think I care about my reputation? Give me a break...green bars don't mean anything. I've already said this in another thread and I'll say it again, you can give me negative reps all the way to 0 and I won't care.

[RANT]

What pisses the hell out of me is when people give it back to you for no reason. Goddamn people, grow the f*** up. I've said many times, I don't mind getting negative rep. if it's because I did something wrong, but please, giving it just for revenge....give me a break. The next person who gives me a neg. rep. because I gave a neg. rep. will be neg. repped every time I find myself able to do so. I don't care if you think this is childish or not....

[/RANT]
:rolleyes:

What is a good reason to give negative rep then? When you don't like someone? When someone innocently says something that isn't accurate or right? How does my rant make you think I care about my reputation? Give me a break...green bars don't mean anything. I've already said this in another thread and I'll say it again, you can give me negative reps all the way to 0 and I won't care. I think people would still see me the same way. If they don't then there is obviously something wrong this forum. I am completely fine with receiving bad reputation for having a firebrand behaviour, for giving wrong information, for being stupid, w/e. I don't care. However, if you give me neg. rep. because I gave you neg. rep. then I have a problem. Why? Because it pisses me off that someone can't deal with receiving bad rep without having to give some back.

The only reason I said it was because you didn't even bother to find out why I said it. If you really don't care about rep, then why complain when you lose some? If people want to be immature, let them. You're never going to meet most of the people in real life here. This site is just a way for a few random people to be able to connect and help others. That is exactly what goes on here. Why do you care if most of the people here are immature and neg rep you? Live and let live. You should be more focused on if you actually help the person with the question or problem. You can't change someone's attitude. If you actually were in that thread from the beginning, you would have the same attitude I do.

Back
Top Bottom