Weird IE7 Issues :(

BASHERS33

Solid State Member
I have a computer with windows xp media center and IE7 which has none of the following issues. However I bought a new computer (which I regret spending the money on and am considering not even keeping) which has windows xp professional and IE7 and has the following issues:

1. On vb forums such as this one if I click edit, the quick editor comes up only for a second and immediately automatically redirects to the full editor page on its own.

2. On Invision forums, when clicking the toggle side panel button in the editor, it works but it takes me to the top of the screen.

I've uninstalled and re-installed some things, including IE7. I've checked the security and privacy settings in IE7 and they are identical to my other computer. This is baffling me and is stressing me out since I already am wondering whether to keep it and then these issues arise.

Also it's already having those issues where it says it's trying to use memory at 5y5tfrt5 (or whatever) and that it can't "write".

WOW. Disabling my firewall fixed it. Weird. I wish I could have the security plus have this work.

To be more specific, it was the phishing filter, not the firewall. So I can either add sites to the white list or else keep it disabled. It was the mcafee phishing filter, not the IE one. I always keep the IE one off.

Well, since I don't have a solution to any of your problems. I suggest you try Mozilla Firefox, most people use it over IE and prefer it.

I ended up fixing those issues, but as far as FF vs. IE, most articles say IE is still the most used browser. I really don't like FF. I wish I did because it's loading pages on the beta version of my forum software's next version much better than IE is.

No offense, but if everyone thought like that then no other browser would exist!

Thinking like what??? I didn't say i like it "because" the majority use it. I simply pointed out that from sources I read your statement about most people liking FF better was not correct. Also actually you're the one who is saying use it because everyone else does, anyway, so I guess you're the one if people thought like then FF would be the only browser. lol

edit: nevermind, just noticed you're someone else. Either way say the same thing to the other person also. :p

It's the most used, because it's the only browser that comes with windows. Everybody I know at school uses it and likes it better. Barely anybody at my school even uses IE, unless FF isn't installed on the computer.

Back
Top Bottom