Car Insuance

I wish, when I am at college, I will probably drive less then 15 miles a week, but there will be the occasional trip to a nearby college to visit friends, the trips down the logging trails of Michigan, and so on.
All three schools let you drive freshman year as well.

Declare it as being off the road so you don't have to tax it or insure it. Just, you know, go without? Or, God forbid, sell the truck and have some money to actually live on when you go to college?

Saves you a fortune and paying all year round for insurance will do you no favours if you're only driving it for a few weeks at a time.

Whatever happened to common sense?

Declare it as being off the road so you don't have to tax it or insure it. Just, you know, go without? Or, God forbid, sell the truck and have some money to actually live on when you go to college?

Saves you a fortune and paying all year round for insurance will do you no favours if you're only driving it for a few weeks at a time.

Whatever happened to common sense?
What ever happened to joy riding? Gas is $2 a gallon, I have two very good friends at a college nearby, my friends cabin is an hour away, there are plenty of things I would like to use it for... And it's Michigan Tech, I am joining the off-road/mud boggers club...
I may declare it off the road for my freshman year though.

blimey thats cheap insurance.....
Well, I looked at AAA for just my truck buying an insurance plan for myself only, and my qoute was over $2000 for 6 months... I think it's so cheap because it's in a family plan with 3 cars.
I think country insurance works similarly to AAA, so I am starting to think our rates are about as good as we can get them...

good coverage is great when a mexican with no green card runs a light t bones you and totals your truck and has no insurance so he doesn't pay, and isn't a citizen so you can't sue him.

Could not help but laugh, the truth is funny/painful

I want to try and convince my parents to shop around for car insurance a bit...

Up to now I've just renewed my insurance for the last few years, but after a couple of accidents last year my current insurer came in with a premium of £1199 for the year. (or £111 per month).

I've shopped around a bit and found that I can get insurance for £62 a month, (at least that's what the online quote says).

Most insurers will have an website with the facility to get quotes.

why don't you shop around for yourself and see if you can find insurance cheaper. if you can find it cheaper then take the price to your parents, and see if that will convince them to go elsewhere.

I'm assuming that you're having to convince them to shop around as you're listed on their insurance.
you could try and see if you can get a good deal with your own policy as well.

Back
Top Bottom