Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole point here is that everyone was forcing a quad on her and she didn't want it. Does she need to give a bigger hint? That's all I'm trying to say.

Yeah I agree with ya My original stance on this thread tho was that the 790 Gx is a more future proof board and the only reason I said the quad was a better Idea was because it was only like 8 bucks more... But your right there really is no reason to make this thread even longer she has settled her problem... If she is happy we are happy ... Enjoy your new purchase OP...:D:D:D

Joga I love you man....:cool:

I've expressed my opinions and showed my suggestions. I really couldn't give a damn anymore.

Are you serious?! We can't even get a simple argument going? Damn...I'm sorry if my posts are coming off with an angry vibe or whatever...but it's meant to be coming out like one of those expository video tones where the person speaks really slow :D

Yeah I agree with ya My original stance on this thread tho was that the 790 Gx is a more future proof board and the only reason I said the quad was a better Idea was because it was only like 8 bucks more... But your right there really is no reason to make this thread even longer she has settled her problem... If she is happy we are happy ... Enjoy your new purchase OP...:D

Joga I love you man....:cool:
Thanks fellas, this thread has been jacked big time by a number of people.

I'm going to be like a politician and add some few points before the end...

From the quick glance I took over the thread...seemed to me like the quad everybody was referring to is the Phenom Agena 9600. Although it may be just a little more expensive the clock is almost 1000MHz slower than the 6400X2. She will not...and I emphasize WILL NOT use the extra 2 cores anytime soon. Most everyday apps still run on 1 thread...and she doesn't do video/sound editing nor is a hard-core gamer to use 4 anytime soon. Yes, the Phenom could last her longer...but the 6400X2 will last her long enough that when she has to upgrade she can get something much better for essentially the same price as the Phenom now. Does that make any sense or am I just rumbling on?

I'm going to be like a politician and add some few points before the end...

From the quick glance I took over the thread...seemed to me like the quad everybody was referring to is the Phenom Agena 9600. Although it may be just a little more expensive the clock is almost 1000MHz slower than the 6400X2. She will not...and I emphasize WILL NOT use the extra 2 cores anytime soon. Most everyday apps still run on 1 thread...and she doesn't do video/sound editing nor is a hard-core gamer to use 4 anytime soon. Yes, the Phenom could last her longer...but the 6400X2 will last her long enough that when she has to upgrade she can get something much better for essentially the same price as the Phenom now. Does that make any sense or am I just rumbling on?

nah it makes perfect sense...:D:D:D

I meant, depending on which OS you're using, it puts different single core programs on different cores. I don't know if you understood me correctly or not, but they're always distributed pretty evenly for me.

Ah...I thought you were talking about one single-thread program distributing it over 4 cores. What you said may be true. I don't know...I still run XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom