Help to increase my internet

darkserpant

In Runtime
I had economy broadband internet from Comcast. I was getting about 975kbs download speed. I called Comcast today and they increased me to 6mbps, then told me to power cycle off my modem and router then check my speed again. Nothing has changed. I must have power cyled a number of times to no help. I then just went straight from my modem to the pc without going through the router. And still no increase in speed. I called Comcast back and I should be getting the normal broadband speed but I am not. They are sending a tech out tommorrow and they said if it on their end it won't cost me anything. But if there is a problem on my end it will. Do you guys know anything else I could try before they get here. I would rather not have to pay for a service call if it is on my end. Thanks

what are u using to test speeds?

420222428.png

heres mine
test using this
http://www.speedtest.net/

Ok, I used that speed test and I am getting 985 kbps download speed. A far cry from 6 mbps that they said I am getting. Thanks

You will probably have to have a new modem, how old is your modem? Thats what happened with me when they upgraded my dsl, my modem wasn't working right with it and they had to replace it with an updated model.

When increased from 756 to 3mb they told me to wait 24 hours for the effect to take place. I would then have service shut off and then it would come back on with the new speed.

Back
Top Bottom