Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's all you do then what you picked should be perfect. I would add an 8600GT or some low end card too. Whats your OS? 4GB of RAM may be overkill (if you're running XP).

edit: You might not even need a video card. I think onboard might run your games just fine.

If that's all you do then what you picked should be perfect. I would add an 8600GT or some low end card too. Whats your OS? 4GB of RAM may be overkill (if you're running XP).

edit: You might not even need a video card. I think onboard might run your games just fine.

Well thank you!!!!!!!!! It will have windows vista home premium 32-bit, I got a deal on the ram, and has a 25.00 mail in rebate with it :D

Well no problem! Just glad you got it sorted out. Going with the Windsor 3.0 and the Gigabyte 780G then?

yeah I think so. thanks for listening and really hearing me out, I feel better now. Maybe in the future I will get quad core. but just now now. I just don't need it, not for my purposes anyways :p see??? im really not difficult, just needed to be heard :)

Yep...I didn't get myself a quad either. No need...plus I was on a budget.

jog? is this the windosr your talking about:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6400CZBOX - Retail

or is it another one? I wanna make sure we are on the same page.:p

PS. The wattage is 125. isnt that high? the other one was only 89w.

I was talking about this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103272

I guess it's not a Windsor (Dang! I thought the 3.0 was one). My bad. The 6400 is a great processor if you want to go with that. A higher clock on a dual-core will be more use to you than a quad. I don't know why I didn't suggest that before...

yeah thats the one that is sold out now. that one was my original choice. but since its not in stock anymore the only
64 x2 that is 3.0 ghz or more is the 6400+ 3.2 ghz. its 125w though should I be worried about the wattage?:confused:

Ps. I wonder how long it takes newegg to get them back in stock again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom