Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have picked a few upgrades for my desktop computer. I am not a serious gamer, although I like to play games once in a while. so I will list what I have chosen and hopefully I will get some feedback, good feedback I hope lol:D

My choices are:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA780G-UD3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128382

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz 1MB
Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
(Heatsink & Fan included!)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103272

Ram: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I will be purchasing a 500 gig hard drive as well :D

so please let me know if I did good.

well see this is what i wanted to know about in the first place :( and everyone kept pushing me to to quad core instead of telling about the set up that I chose. then everyone has said I need a case, power supply, without reading what I already had. I will say again: I have a black neon ATX case already, I have a demon black chrome dual fan 580 watt power supply, I DO NOT OVER CLOCK AT ALL, I am not an extreme gamer either. I am feeling really bad about this thread being so long again im sorry for it :(

I'm sorry this thread is so long, but I have had alot of questions :( and I'm trying not to go in circles. I'm sorry:(
It's not your fault at all....:)

It's just that there aren't that many females on this website and it seems that the boys go nuts when a new female surfaces.

you have been tellling me for 7 pages about what you want me to get not about what I picked, can't someone please tell me what they think about what I chose? that is what i came here for in the first place, i wanted to know about what I picked, not what everyone wants me get. :(

Time to actually help!
*beware: I have read only the first post*

The 780G is a great chipset. If you OC it will give you more leeway than pretty much any other motherboard with the exception of the 790GX/FX. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty with some OC'ing I recommend you get the AMD 5400+ X2. It can be easily pushed past that Windsor. As far as the RAM, what OS are you using? If you're still running XP, 4GB is overkill, especially since you don't do a lot of multi-tasking.

As far as the quad-core argument, if you want this to last you a good time I'd go ahead and upgrade to a PII. I mean...the dual-core will last, but the quad-core will last longer.

As far as a video card you'll need a PCI-e. What kind of gaming do you do? I use a eVGA 8600GT and it does all my gaming just fine (WarCraft III, CS:CZ, and Runescape). If you're playing some of the latest games I'd take a look at a 9800GT or maybe a HD4850, but no higher.

I did comment. I offered other things that you could get if you were interested. If you don't want to get them its implied that your choices are fine and nothing needs to be changed...;)

you have been tellling me for 7 pages about what you want me to get not about what I picked, can't someone tell what they think about what I chose? that is what i came here for in the first place, i wanted to know about what I picked, not what everyone wants me get.
We looked at what you picked, and we gave you something better for almost the same price, what's wrong with that?

I am a light gamer, the newst game I just got was Tomb Raider: Underworld, I also play Tomb Raider: Legend,, and even some older games like hexen and quake but I dont play all the time. I am sorry for sounding mad, I am really mad, im just feeling like i have to get quad core when I dont use a computer like gamers do or graphic editing. I don't OVERCLOCK either, never have. I also watch dvds from time to time, maybe burn a CD. Thats all. Please forgive my mood. im just frusterated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom