Car Insuance

superman22x

Golden Master
I want to try and convince my parents to shop around for car insurance a bit... We have Country insurance now, and my premiums are like $485 every 6 months, and I don't know if I could get any cheaper then that, but I am going to college next year, and want good rates for leaving my truck home or something. Any recommended companies in USA?

Geico, Allstate, Progressive

How old is your truck and do you have full coverage? If so, you could just get minimum coverage for a lot less than that.

if your leaving your truck at home, why buy insurance?

Unless your parents are driving it.

oh yea, what college you going to?

Do you have triple A? Cuz you get a SICK deal if you contact them and get insurance through them... They use a company such as progressive or someone else (whatever is cheaper) and then use a group discount to get you even cheaper insurance... I got my car, my wifes car, and my bike on my insurance for 725 a year.... And no they aren't junk cars and yes FULL coverage...(2007 Jeep grand Cherokee, 2002 Lincoln LS, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9)

good coverage is great when a mexican with no green card runs a light t bones you and totals your truck and has no insurance so he doesn't pay, and isn't a citizen so you can't sue him.

We don't have full coverage on the truck. No comprehensive, no uninsured, just liability... The truck is a 96 Ranger, only cost us $3000 a year and a half ago, and it's not worth it to pay for the coverage of the truck itself when it is worth so little. We would end up loosing money...
I am trying to convince my parents to let me take my truck with me to college, but they don't want me to at least first semester so I can meet new people.
For schools, I am looking at 3, university of Wisconsin Platteville, South Dakota School of Mines, and Michigan Tech. All great schools. It's so hard to decide... omg it's driving me nuts.

We don't have full coverage on the truck. No comprehensive, no uninsured, just liability... The truck is a 96 Ranger, only cost us $3000 a year and a half ago, and it's not worth it to pay for the coverage of the truck itself when it is worth so little. We would end up loosing money...
I am trying to convince my parents to let me take my truck with me to college, but they don't want me to at least first semester so I can meet new people.
For schools, I am looking at 3, university of Wisconsin Platteville, South Dakota School of Mines, and Michigan Tech. All great schools. It's so hard to decide... omg it's driving me nuts.

well if you are only looking for basic coverage it should be even cheaper than...

You might want to check with the school you plan to go to, but usually freshmen aren't even allowed to have cars on campus, so you might HAVE to leave it home unless you stay off campus.

Over here in Aussie you can get an insurance based on the amount of KMs you drive, the more you drive the more you pay and vice versa, maybe there is something like that available over there.

You can get AAA group coverage (reduced rate) if there's anybody who offers it through them (like my credit union). And I know their rate changes depending on how much you drive.

Back
Top Bottom