Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah as neodude just stated it is AGP sorry I prolly shoulda looked that up first...Sorry i don't think it is going to work...:(

its ok I found an nvidia 9500 GT 1024mb ddr2 pci e card, that seems to have caught my attention. I think right now my mind is going to mush because been look at so much of this stuff:eek:

Poker i said " I dont multi task alot at all" if i do its maybe 5 things. I almost always close all my windows im not using. its very rare i have 5 windows open at once.

its ok I found an nvidia 9500 GT 1024mb ddr2 pci e card, that seems to have caught my attention. I think right now my mind is going to mush because been look at so much of this stuff:eek:

Poker i said " I dont multi task alot at all" if i do its maybe 5 things. I almost always close all my windows im not using. its very rare i have 5 windows open at once.

LOL.... I know i was just jokin a lil bit...:D:D But honestly in the end it is totally up to you I mean if it was me or pretty much anybody here that couple extra bucks for something better just makes sense.... I mean that deal Rohan showed is actually gonna be cheaper than what you had picked out and will outperform it by leaps and bounds but like I said it is completely up to you...

The thing is right now a lot of stuff isn't using quad cores but in the VERY near future the programs and games will all be caught up to this technology and it will be much more beneficial to have it... Like you said its not NECESSARY right now but why not get it and be prepared... I mean do you wait till your power goes out to buy a flashlight or do you keep one at home just in case.....

poker ? so IF ( i say if cuz im still undecided) I wanted to get dual core ( im running single core 3200+ 2.2ghz now) it would be ok? i can't help but think that i just dont need quad core ( every please don't be mad). but remember I havent decided just yet. I have determined that I like the gigabyte motherboard with 780. It does have a built in video card, ati 3200 hd I think. but i think im gonna get the geforce 9500 GT. I know its not the 9600, i believe it's just 1 step below it. Im going with What personally can do, still taking in everyones suggestions though :cool:

this thread is so long, I'm not even gonna read it. Im just gonna give my personal input.

I own a 1gb 9500gt. Its ok for normal games
i also own a dual core. Its ok for games
Why would you get the 780 if you are getting a video card?

this thread is so long, I'm not even gonna read it. Im just gonna give my personal input.

I own a 1gb 9500gt. Its ok for normal games
i also own a dual core. Its ok for games

because all I have heard is that the onboard video cards are no good, thats my only reason:)

the board was recommended to me and i like it. the board I have now has a built in video and I dont use it either, i have a radeon sapphire 9250 card, and i use it instead. and im not sure of how soon im gonna be able to get the video card. as I am on a budget.

Because it happens to be AMD's best budget chipset, and if it comes with onboard, then that's another plus.

I have picked a few upgrades for my desktop computer. I am not a serious gamer, although I like to play games once in a while. so I will list what I have chosen and hopefully I will get some feedback, good feedback I hope lol:D

My choices are:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA780G-UD3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128382

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz 1MB
Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
(Heatsink & Fan included!)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103272

Ram: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I will be purchasing a 500 gig hard drive as well :D

so please let me know if I did good.

Time to actually help!
*beware: I have read only the first post*

The 780G is a great chipset. If you OC it will give you more leeway than pretty much any other motherboard with the exception of the 790GX/FX. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty with some OC'ing I recommend you get the AMD 5400+ X2. It can be easily pushed past that Windsor. As far as the RAM, what OS are you using? If you're still running XP, 4GB is overkill, especially since you don't do a lot of multi-tasking.

As far as the quad-core argument, if you want this to last you a good time I'd go ahead and upgrade to a PII. I mean...the dual-core will last, but the quad-core will last longer.

As far as a video card you'll need a PCI-e. What kind of gaming do you do? I use a eVGA 8600GT and it does all my gaming just fine (WarCraft III, CS:CZ, and Runescape). If you're playing some of the latest games I'd take a look at a 9800GT or maybe a HD4850, but no higher.

if you have financial constraints, def go with the dual core

what Joga said is right though, a quad core will last longer. But imho, i would just build/buy another computer when the time comes to upgrade to quads.
Since your buying a mobo,cpu,ram, hdd and maybe gpu why don't you just build a new computer. All you need is a case and psu.

If that is the case, i would go with a quad. But for upgrades i would go with a dual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom