Very Discruntled ... Please Help!

Well to be quite honest I don't think vista is buggy at all the only thing wrong with it is that it uses more resources than XP.... I have vista home basic and home premium on different comps and haven't had a problem on either one AT ALL...But if you don't want to use it or your customer doesn't want to use it that is totally up to you... the only problem with XP is like I stated earlier they are discontinuing all updates and support for it REALLY soon...

You REALLY never had a problem with it? Wow! That is so to the contrary of what many others have experienced. I will admit that things really have gotten a lot better, but I still feel that Vista was a package that was just rushed out, and rather than spending time fixing the bugs, Microsoft would rather just push it until they saw how far they were actually getting. Then, something had to be done. People had to start fixing the issues at hand.

You say that support for XP will be discontinued in April? Well, I heard that for custom builders, such as myself, as well as for people wannting particular spects, support will continue until 2010. They were originally going to discontinue support for XP June 30th of this year, but because of the huge stink that was made, they pushed back the dates.

You REALLY never had a problem with it? Wow! That is so to the contrary of what many others have experienced. I will admit that things really have gotten a lot better, but I still feel that Vista was a package that was just rushed out, and rather than spending time fixing the bugs, Microsoft would rather just push it until they saw how far they were actually getting. Then, something had to be done. People had to start fixing the issues at hand.

I have had Vista ever since it was first released on a PC and a laptop and I have never had any problems at all. :D
Have you ever used Vista for an extended amount of time to find out for yourself?

Have you ever used Vista for an extended amount of time to find out for yourself?

In my experience usually a good majority of the people who come online slagging off at vista turn out to have A): Never really used it for more than 5 minutes. or B): Are trying to use it on a pc with specs lower than it should be running on.
That's not to say that there aren't people who have had genuine troubles with it...but the negative wrap it has been given is unwarranted IMO.

In my experience usually a good majority of the people who come online slagging off at vista turn out to have A): Never really used it for more than 5 minutes. or B): Are trying to use it on a pc with specs lower than it should be running on.
That's not to say that there aren't people who have had genuine troubles with it...but the negative wrap it has been given is unwarranted IMO.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Out of all the people I know who have used Vista and complained about it, the vast majority fall under those two categories. Rarely do I actually hear about genuine problems with the OS itself. I've been using Vista for a while now and I can easily say myself that it's a lot better than most people make it out to be.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Out of all the people I know who have used Vista and complained about it, the vast majority fall under those two categories. Rarely do I actually hear about genuine problems with the OS itself. I've been using Vista for a while now and I can easily say myself that it's a lot better than most people make it out to be.

I gotta agree here too I have home basic on my laptop which supposedly is the one that is full of the "bugs" and have owned it since it first came out.... I never had any bugs whatsoever and honestly have never heard of anyone having a problem I think to add to that list of people are the ones that have been told by a ton of people that vista is full of bugs and just believe it and go around saying it is full of bugs....As far as I can see with vista it has a WAY cleaner setup but takes up a bunch more resources than XP....To the people who have never tried it go ahead and check it out its worth it. You will be surprised at what you get.....MOJAVEEEEEEEEEEEE...:D:D:D

I totally second this but the only problem I had with vista (which is the reason I went back to XP) was not actually vista's fault. Call of Duty 2 had some MAJOR compatablitity issues with Vista, and that is not Vista's fault. So other than that, I have had NO problems with Vista either.

-just a side note, I have been using Vista Home Premium on one of our laptops for over 2 years now, so I'm not making this statement based on what other people tell me about it.

The biggest problem with Vista was not the bugs, not the resources it hogs (and yes it is a major resource hog), but it is the UI. The UI with Vista is absolutely horrendous. Microsoft tried to take Windows and make it way to user friendly, and in turn, made it more complicated then it was with all prior operating systems.

The other really big issue that I always hear, and I too can't stand this, is needing to give Administrative Right for everything. I'm sorry, but if my account is set up as an Admin account, I should not need to give additional administrative rights to do something.

The advantage I see to buying a laptop/desktop with Vista right now, is that if you do purchase a computer with Vista, Microsoft is supposed to be offering a free upgrade to Windows 7 starting around June (this date may have changed, as I am going off the date that was given at the time of the Windows 7 Beta release).

I've been using Vista since shortly before it officially released (got an academic licence for it so was able to download it legally for free).

Never had any problems with it. Sure, it gets a little bit slow at times but so does any PC if you load up the hard drive with crap and don't look after it and have ten trillion background apps running.

Back
Top Bottom