help

cbtech73

Solid State Member
hi everyone ive got a question. can someone tell me how to make my pc faster and what kind of momery i need for it this what i got to work with

Intel{R}pentiu{R} CPU 2.66Hz 2.66GHz, 512MB of RAM
its a dell DIMENSION 4600
thanks for all the help

I would say add at least another gig of ram. Make sure your motherboard can support it first though.

You could start by cleaning things up on a software level. Disable unwanted startup programs in MSCONFIG. Run CCleaner and get rid of all the built up rubbish, defragment your drive etc.

Once you've got your OS sorted out, you can determine whether you actually need an upgrade.

X2, Worship. And also, if you want vast improvement (for instance if you really don't need half the crap that ever got put on your computer) you could just reformat and reinstall and start fresh. It's amazing how speedy an older computer can be on a fresh install.

How do I reformat then restall thanks for the help
Put your Windows disc in the drive, reboot and then press any key when prompted to boot from the disk, this will start the Windows installation.

Note, however, that you will lose ALL of your data, so if you have anything you need to back up, do it before you reinstall.

i went into my start up programs amd donot know which ones to disable. which ones do i let run and whiches one do stop thanks

Back
Top Bottom