Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ worship: I'm assuming the picture is a joke...but it's going to continue to be a joke between you and yourself cuz I have NO idea who the person is in it! (So you should probably tell me hahaha!) And I wasn't kidding about the rep thing...after a while, you just get to thinking that it's just a damn bar--there are some people who you can tell religiously post in every thread hoping to get repped. Half the people here don't rep who they should, and even I sometimes don't rep people just because I forget or am in a hurry. But...oh well. Doesn't matter to me in the end.
:D

It's basically supposed to represent an Internet white knight.
It was just a joke, no offence intented :)

:D

It's basically supposed to represent an Internet white knight.
It was just a joke, no offence intented :)

Oh, no! Absolutely none taken...I completely admit I sounded like a cheeseball. I just wanted to know what it was...I got a good laugh out of it! :p

ok lets switch back to the motherboard for a moment. An elitegroup motherboard was mentioned to me when I started this thread. I was told elitegroup (ECS) is Pc Chips, and that Pc Chips is crap. Hence is why i chose the giabyte board at the begining of my post. so My question is tsimple. is Elitegroup (Ecs) really pc chips? and is pc chips as bad as i am hearing? if it is i dont dont want a pc chips related motherboard.

ok lets switch back to the motherboard for a moment. An elitegroup motherboard was mentioned to me when I started this thread. I was told elitegroup (ECS) is Pc Chips, and that Pc Chips is crap. Hence is why i chose the giabyte board at the begining of my post. so My question is tsimple. is Elitegroup (Ecs) really pc chips? and is pc chips as bad as i am hearing? if it is i dont dont want a pc chips related motherboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitegroup_Computer_Systems

I think you are hearing correctly, but slanted. ECS merged with PC Chips, but ECS MBs aren't bad. As you see in the Wiki, they are the 4th largest MB manufacturer.

You are the one with the budget. If you want to spend more for a gigabyte because it sounds better, go for it. Ha. Again...women.

:p

I must add, this is probably the longest thread I've seen on the main hard./soft. page for a LONG time.

Oh no, don't be sorry!..I didn't mean it like that! Others can probably learn from the vast amounts of information we've been sharing with you. We all understand you are new to this...it's completely ok. We all start somewhere!

Oh no, don't be sorry!..I didn't mean it like that! Others can probably learn from the vast amounts of information we've been sharing with you. We all understand you are new to this...it's completely ok. We all start somewhere!

ok. I thought i was asking to much. lol. sorry for the delay in responding, my phone rang and it happened to be my friend who is a tech for Dell. And i told him what I was up to. He says that true quad cores are really exensve and the ones that are out now are pretty much duo core anyway. he advised me to wait till more of the quad core technology is out. He knows exactly what I do with my computers. not saying i am gonna go with him either im just sharing what he said with you. and yes the quad core is new to me hence is why I am so hesitant. but i keep re reading this thread and checking out everything, b4 i make my final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom