Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was last September of 2008 is when I bought a new CPU and Mobo.

yeah, thats another reason why i dont want a quad yet.
And Technology do seem to improve rather quickly.

yeah, thats another reason why i dont want a quad yet.
And Technology do seem to improve rather quickly.

yeah i know it improves quickly, i guess I am just comfy with dual core, and just not ready for quad, since nothing I have requires it.

I have a C2D because a C2Q (Core 2 Quad) wasn't an option for me when I got my C2D...it was out of my price range. In your case, the quad is only like 7 bucks more than the dual...so why wouldn't you just get the dang quad!? I know that if it were my decision, I'd get the quad hands down.

If you want to waste a chunk of change now and then AGAIN later by getting a dual now and upgrading to a quad later, then do so if you wish.

I have a C2D because a C2Q (Core 2 Quad) wasn't an option for me when I got my C2D...it was out of my price range.

Thats what happened to me. Though it seems like your CPU is better than mine. :D
Guess thats what I get for not getting a job.
My next build would be a Quad, thinking of trying them Phenom II and DDR3 rams. :p But that probably wont happen till next year.

I cant really find any benchmarks comparing the 6000+ and the 9600. Either one of those benches contains an older version of the others. Like the 9600 vs 6000+ Brisbane.

But from the looks of it. Theres an improvement from the 9600 compared to the 6000+. AMD is doing something right with these phenoms to try and keep up with Intel. They arent far behind anymore.

It all comes down to opinion in the end.

wow, I post a topic about push pins and get two replies, a girl comes here, posts a thread, and it's four pages long in less than half a day...

at least I know you guys have your priorities straight...

;)

I just read the entire thread so I think I can sum things up.

- Quad core is worth it over the dual considering the small difference in price, go with the 9600 though, because you will need a GPU as the integrated graphics of the 780G won't be enough.
EDIT: Holy shit, the 9600s only $95!!
- 2x2GB DDR2 1066
- A graphics card such as the HD 4670 should be fine for you.

And Prodigy, if you are referring to repping me, I could care less about my rep as long as the OP gets the help she needs!
White_Knight.jpg

@ Wolv: didn't that thread have to do with your anger and purposely breaking your push pins? hahaha...that's why I didn't reply. What am I supposed to say to that!? lol.

@ worship: I'm assuming the picture is a joke...but it's going to continue to be a joke between you and yourself cuz I have NO idea who the person is in it! (So you should probably tell me hahaha!) And I wasn't kidding about the rep thing...after a while, you just get to thinking that it's just a damn bar--there are some people who you can tell religiously post in every thread hoping to get repped. Half the people here don't rep who they should, and even I sometimes don't rep people just because I forget or am in a hurry. But...oh well. Doesn't matter to me in the end.

@ worship: I'm assuming the picture is a joke...but it's going to continue to be a joke between you and yourself cuz I have NO idea who the person is in it! (So you should probably tell me hahaha!)

I believe that pic is supposed to be the OP's Knight in shining armor (aka YOU):D:D:D

Now to the thread ConfusedGirl Let my sum this up for you with your dual core and quad core problem....

Ok now real easy here 1st point if you had a choice between a used car with 100,000 miles on it or for 6 bucks more could get a brand new car off the lot what would you pick? Now I ask this because are you going to buy the used car now in hopes to buy a brand new car later? Of course not you will spend the 6 bucks now to get the brand new one.

I understand you are asking if you should get the dual and upgrade to quad later but seriously why spend the money for 2 chips when you can just spend the extra 6 bucks to get the one you want to upgrade to later? So instead of spending 89 bucks now and 95 later why not just spend 95 now and save yourself 89 bucks in the process... I understand you may not need it but why buy something that is already obsolete for the same price as new technology...:confused:

As for the motherboard I would go with the 790Gx instead of the 780GX because the on-board graphics will kill any of those games you play on it...Before I got my HD 4870 I was using the on-bord HD3300 on the 790GX and was playing Left4Dead, FarCry 2, and COD: WAW with no problems at all. Now I didn't have them set to high settings at all but you said your not a hardcore gamer so this will be more than sufficient for you....

Another thing you said early in the post you have vista home premium and later in the post it was vista ultimate which one is it and do you know if it is 64 bit or 32 bit because the version doesn't matter as much as the bits because 32 bit wont be able to use that 4GB's of ram so if you have 32 bit you might as well only get 2GB's of ram and spend the extra money on the QUAD CORE..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom