Random Chit Chat

Re: Random Chit Chat #4

NY you have to wait 6 months after getting your permit, and have 20 hours driving experience. But your parents can just sign off that you did 20 hours.

I didn't wait the 6 months, so I got a limited license. It's not limited anymore though.

In the UK, you need to

• Be >=17
  • Apply for a Provisional Drivers Licence
  • Sit and pass a written (done on a computer these days, though) theory test
  • Sit and pass a 40 minute practical test which is apparently the hardest in the world. If you fail, the law says you have to wait a minimum of ten working days before you can try again.

When you're learning, you have to have red "L" plates on the car and you have to be accompanied by someone who is >=21 and has held a full driving licence (i.e. passed their test) for at least three years.

But once you pass your test there is no restrictions on having passengers or where and when you can actually drive.

Similar things apply in australia,you have to display a Yellow/Black L Sign on the back and front of your car and have to have a person accompnaying you (They must carry a full Drivers license).

Pretty much the same here. You have to put up a "novice driver" sign in your back window, you have to be accompanied by a licensed driver, I think you can't drive in the middle of the night either.

Yeah it is...random threads get random ratings. We should actually start using this feature more. If someone writes a guide or a review or simply makes a post with a not-so good title we should rate it so it gets more attention.

Hey guys, guess whos back again ^_^

I thought I was banned until the 28th though :\

Back
Top Bottom