How many of these can you hear?

Pretty much reflects my plots.

The RMS power of the last 3 tones reduces considerably.

If you can hear the 19923Hz tone then you have great hearing.

This is a close up of the above, 11th, tone....

ToneTest1.jpg

Spot of AM going on there too.

There's no way to judge this properly. They don't give you margin of volume to contain your speakers' volume. So there's not way of evaluating if I have good hearing or not. I could be running my speakers twice as loud as the next guy and he could have better hearing than me although I truthfully hear a higher frequency.

my headphones play up to 28khz but theres no tone on that 22 one, i can hear all of them but the last one because theres nothing there!!! lol the 21.1 is REALLY REALLY easy to hear though..

There's no way to judge this properly. They don't give you margin of volume to contain your speakers' volume. So there's not way of evaluating if I have good hearing or not. I could be running my speakers twice as loud as the next guy and he could have better hearing than me although I truthfully hear a higher frequency.

True. There's a few factors that would need to stated first to make this a reliable test.

I sorted out the tones so that they were of equal amplitude....

ToneTest2.jpg

And realised that the tones contain harmonics and white noise that can spoil the tones.

I got the following results.
Hearing test results
You are a dog
Or maybe you are a mosquito, you certainly can't be human.

The highest pitched ultrasonic mosquito ringtone that I can hear is 21.1kHz

Thanks for sharing this. I had a lot of fun.

if you want to go this for real get audacity and use the generate tone thing in it to generate the tones.

1+

This is exactly what I did using Steinberg Nuendo 3 with the Signal Generator Plug in.

Although doing this through the studio monitors I reached about 18.5KHz before my own audible frequency responce rolled off at a very high octave.

Those noises remind me of the annoying ones that come from power supplies that are still plugged in but nothing taking any power out of them :mad: Normally you only hear them when your trying to get to sleep and then fumbling around to try and find what is causing it :D

Back
Top Bottom