How to remove SP3?

i want a laptop

In Runtime
So I go to install my USB drivers for my motherboard, says I have to install SP2. I have SP3 installed. Can I uninstall SP3? Downgrade to SP2? Then install the USB drivers and then re-install SP3?

OK Well SP3 was included on my install CD, I didn't "install" it, (well I guess I did, but it was at when I installed XP) So it isn't in my Add or Remove Programs list...am I screwed?

What's odd is that you shouldn't need to install USB drivers at all. That should have been handled by XP from SP1 on up.

Or is it just that nothing happens when you plug in the USB try plugging it in and rebooting with the usb device plugged in.

just a thought

install the drivers for your mobo... if you dont know how to get driver, download cpuz and tell us what kind of motherboard you have and we can hook you up wit some drivers

I am trying to install the drivers for my motherboard, one of them being the USB 2.0 drivers. And maybe, like Atomic Rooster said, I don't need them, since SP1 and up should handle them (and seemingly they are fine, I just wanted to make sure) So I guess I don't have to install them?

Nope, as I said earlier, USB support is built into XP and support for USB 2.0 has been available since SP1.

Back
Top Bottom