My Camaro seized up

that little lady looks like she's been road hard and put away wet..

get yourself a decent 350 pull from a junkyard, pop that in, and go. ;)

although at this point, this car might not be worth it. im sure you could find another camaro in better shape that'd be worth restoring.

A lot of people say that too, problem residing that it's a project car. Overall only this thing outstands, and I've been told that it is fixable easily (well, with the solder jobs and stuff).

I'm aware that this thing will be worth about 4-5k of restoring, but see, that's my dream reality....a camaro, done my way from scratch.

What's best is that the motor mounts are good too, so that's another thing not to worry.

Only real piece of body I'm changing is the hood; it's rusted out at the very front....even though it's fixable still.

I prefer having a little more airflow, so this one is chosen:

4g57cz.jpg

That is an awesome looking hood. Nah man, the car is fixable, don't let anyone tell you it isn't. It just might take more work than you initially thought.

You bought a lemon and wasted a lot of money in the process. Scrap it and move on.

The cost of repairing it will likely be prohibitively expensive and if you get it wrong you're even more screwed.

anyone who says that car is horrid should be smacked,im sorry but people too much effort into there restore projects to get pissed on.

as for that picture lhuser that looks like the rocker panel is all wore out, just go to a car store(if your in canada, canadian tire just might have em) and tell them you need rocker panels, i believe they come in sets

^^ Thanks for the back up. I love muscle cars from like 60s-80s. All of them are great to me, lol. I want to get a Fox Body/notch back mustang one of these days... so light, make all the rest look slow, lol.
That trans am is restored for the most part. The 455 is needing a rebuild, and I haven't actually talked to my friend in quite a while so I don't know the progress... Before the engine, they had about $5k invested. Value of a restored car like that, about $12k I think. It's not numbers matching otherwise it would be $70k+ To think, they were only around $4k new back in the day...

yea me an my dad are restoring a 1981 dodge ram and i found the original commercial on youtube :p starting at 5997 :O

Back
Top Bottom