overclocking

reynrock

Solid State Member
what is overclocking i've seen that saying alot since i've been looking into building my own computer my motherboard says it has I.O.C(instant overclocking controller.I have al kinds of different ? about my motherboard and what it computer parts are compatible with it.I hope i don't drive everybody nuts with to many ? but i want to make sure i don't mess anything up.

What is overclocking?

Overclocking is running your motherboard clock speed higher than the standard speed to achieve faster CPU, RAM and Chipset speeds.

Faster clock speeds mean a faster computer.

Same applies to your Graphics Card.

I've seen that saying alot since i've been looking into building my own computer my motherboard says it has I.O.C - instant overclocking controller.

I.O.C. will allow software in the OS to OC your motherboard.

I have all kinds of different ? about my motherboard and what it computer parts are compatible with it.

What motherboard do you have?

I hope i don't drive everybody nuts with to many ? but i want to make sure i don't mess anything up.

Thats what this forum is for.

I Have a ECS elitegroup PF88 Extreme Hybrid Motherboard FSB 1066Mhz,LGA775 for intel prescott CPU,Supporting intel EM64T and EIST Technology,Compatible With 04B and 04A Processors.Also says support SIMA Platform converter card,EliteBus Technology,64bit support,I.O.C.(instant overclocking Controller),Dual Channel DDR2 667+,FSB1.2+,Port Multiplier,eSATA,SATAII,NCQ(Native Command Queuing),8Channel DVD Audio.

I Have a ECS elitegroup PF88 Extreme Hybrid Motherboard

'Best of both'

SIMA cards with the CPU socket and chipset that allow you to use AMD or Intel CPU's. Never seen this before. Nice.

I9S (V1.0) SIMA card for Socket 479 for Intel® Pentium® M processors.

A4S SIMA card for Socket 754 for AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64/Sempronâ„¢ processors.

And the best SIMA card, the A9S, for Socket 939 for AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64/ Athlonâ„¢ 64 FX processors.

EDIT: So your running an Intel CPU at the moment?

right now all i have is a HP2800+AMD athlon processor 512mbpc2700 ddr sdram memory computer. I just have the PF88 extreme hybrid motherboard and a P4 3.4Ghz processor LGA775 socket with hyper thread technology I want to build a computer and i'm just trying to gather everythyng i need to build as bad a computer as i can with this motherboard.I have to buy the SIMA card seperately.If you have any suggestion on what type of computer parts would work best please give me your opinion.

One thing you could do would be to try and get the A9S SIMA card, a good Socket 939 AMD CPU and 2GB of DDR 500 RAM to get this going.

But if these parts are going to cost you a fair bit then leave it.

Having said that i've seen a few FX60, 4800+'s and PC4000 DDR RAM going cheap. So it just depends on the cost of the SIMA card.

Back
Top Bottom