XBOX 360 -or- PC!?

Ludichris1

Baseband Member
WARNING!
Please give your most DISINTERESTED/UNBIASED/IMPARTIAL opinion on this discussion! Thank-you.

Anyway, this is my story:

Ever since an incident back a few years ago, I've been die hard computer geek. Well, more like a die hard computer geek wanna-be in a way... Ya see, my computer is like a piece of junk... as you will soon agree:

Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz
GeForce --whatever was before the 6 series came along
256MB RAM

That totally stinks, and I'm sure you agree. Anyway, my computer geek destiny has led me to want to make 2D games, and pixel art, and maybe even programming. But most of all... Massively Multi-player Online Games! (MMOG)

Moving on, I've been dying to get a new PC, but the problem is, I only have like $130 and I'm not old enough to get a job (like working at a restaurant, walmart, etc. whatever). So I just have allowance, and hopefully squeezing some jobs out of my family.

What I am looking for in a computer, is like:
AMD Athlon (64) X2 4400+
GeForce 6100 (I plan upgrading it)
2GB RAM (maybe upgrade)
(maybe upgrade power supply)
160GB HDD

... or higher specs

... and all for $300 OR LESS ACTUALLY!

Now my brother comes along and wants me to get an Xbox 360. As I can play very cool 3D games and MMOs (though there are not much i told him though he still doesn't listen!) for a cheap price. So I am in a crossroads. If I had the money to buy that 'dream' computer to play MMOs and 3D games, I would totally shun the deal... but with me having a shortage of money... what do I choose!? P L E A S E H E L P M E ! ! ! :( :( :(

I absolutely love my 360 (XI AlphaMale IX is my gamertag). When it comes to gaming I've only played a little WoW on PC, and though it was fun, it doesn't compare to my 360. Don't get me wrong, I'm dependant on my computer as well, but for gaming it's 360 all the way. :)

It's your choice. But, you will have to pay for the wireless adapter if you have wireless internet and monthly for LIVE. The 360 has more games. They are a bit more expensive on 360, as well. With PC, you can play online for free. I would save up for the PC. I couldn't live without being able to play Team Fortress 2 or Counter Strike source without a mouse.

Yeah I gotta agree with rohan here I have both a 360 and a gaming PC and to be honest with ya since I started gaming on my PC I havent turned my Xbox on...:D:D

Graphics are better and I completely love using the mouse over a controller anyday....I really never thought I would be saying this but yes I would pick the PC over the 360....

If you've got $300, I would make it a PC. If you can salvage the HDD, case, disk drive etc from your current system, and you hunt around for deals on parts, it will be worth it over the 360.

EDIT: Two people voted "I don't care" :D

It's your choice. But, you will have to pay for the wireless adapter if you have wireless internet and monthly for LIVE. The 360 has more games. They are a bit more expensive on 360, as well. With PC, you can play online for free. I would save up for the PC. I couldn't live without being able to play Team Fortress 2 or Counter Strike source without a mouse.

Yup. I'm sorry, but there's just no better feeling than: Point -> Click -> Bye-bye someone's head!

That's why I love computer.

If you're into FPS gaming then PC is the way to go. Mouse+keyboard>joysticks when your trying to aim a gun.

Problem with going with the computer is that you cant play much newer games since they need some pretty high requirements compared to what you plan to buy.

2 Quick questions, is your brother obsessed with gaming? If he is, then dont bother sharing. I have a brother thats like that, all he does is hog it. I only get to play like 2 hours the most out of like 12-14 hours a day.
And what do you plan on playing the 360 on? if its on an SDTV, good luck reading texts on certain games. I have to get all close to the screen to make out what its saying. I plan to use my LCD monitor though.

I think both are good with gaming, though when it gets released for the 360, theres a high chance its out for PC.
One good thing about the 360 is that no matter game you get, you will be able to run it.

I would say its up to you, and go with your feeling.

finally! someone who i can pity for haveing a computer worse than mine :p

get the computer xbox blows chunks compared to pc

PC has alot of games that arent ported to the 360 (for example Medieval total war Series, Company of Heroes, CS:S etc) And for me, i could never go more than one week without playing atleast 2 hours of CS:S.. And the medevil series, the battles are fackin amazing.

So yeah it does cost more to have a pc but with the things that i can do with it vs. 360.. it makes up for it

EDIT: Heres Your $300 Computer.

Rosewill ATX Mid Tower w/500 watt psu $50 Free Shipping

ASRock GeForce 6150SE
$47 Its cheap but i've used it before, works well but dont oc it

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
$56 Free Shipping

EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB $70 Free Shipping $15 Rebate. My friend has this, plays cod5 1280x1024 on high no aa, no af 70+fps.

G.Skill 2GB 2x1GB RAM $30 Free Shipping. More than enough ram

Seagate 160GB $40

Comes to about $290, plus $10 for shipping for the Mobo And Hard Drive $300

Also i didnt include a monitor, keyboard or mouse because you said you had a comp already.. And i wasnt sure if you needed the case. So if you didnt need the case and you factor in that you need to pay $50 just to play online on the xbox 360. Thats another $100 to work with..

I just wanted to show you that if you research and budget, you can get a highly upgradable system (that plays games that are currently out BETTER than the 360) for the price of a 360

Back
Top Bottom