Freezes on Bios Screen

Impruv

In Runtime
Last night my computer installed some Windows Updates and a Windows Defender scan, and that's about it.
I tried to boot it up today and it freezes on the Asus blue screen [asus p5q mobo]. No weird beeps or sounds, all lights fans moving. USB mouse is powered, PS2 Keyboard not working, so I couldn't even press delete or anything to get into the bios.

Is there a way to fix this, or do i have to reformat:confused:

bump? =(

Does your bios freeze when it starts loading? are you getting any errors showing up on the screen?

It looks like you may have a bad mobo if you can't open up your bios settings. If you can give more details on the errors you are getting or what the screen is looking like when it freezes, anything will help to try to troubleshoot the situation.

basically after a windows update, i turned on the computer and it freezes at the Asus mobo splash screen where it says Asus P5Q.

No errors , it just freezes. I can't even get into the bios to tell it to boot from disc so i can reformat. My PS2 ports have no power but my USB ports do. HDD Graphics card CD drive CPU all seem to be running.

I would try to contact Asus to see if they can offer some support on trying to replace the mobo. If this is a recent built computer, I'm pretty sure all products are 1 year warrantied. Definitely seems like the bios may have been affected by the update.

I've never heard of a Windows (software) corrupting a BIOS chip (hardware).

Have you tried resetting the BIOS?

hmmm. i searched it up on some forums and apparently its a fairly common problem across various asus mobos.

I had to turn off the psu switch and unplug all USB peripherals. Wait a few minutes and now it works. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom