Replacing BTX Mobo

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
Ok guys i got an all new comp because my dell e510 was bottlenecking my hd4850 but the problem is my brother is gonna want to use a comp. And i aint sharin mine. So my only extra comp is my dell e510 and the mobo failed (mobo power light is red when comp is off and tested every other parts in my friends comp) so is it possible for me to put a btx mobo in the dell? heres what i got picked out

ASUS D955X

Dell E510 uses: Lakeport D945CZ

I've never taken a processor out of a mobo before. how do i do it?

im still kinda a build virgin xD

EDIT: will the mobo have bios overclocking features? the mobo is genuine intel i guess

pop out the heatsink

loosen/open the lever thing that keeps the cpu pinned down

It'll drop right out

thanks guys..

Would a Geniune Intel motherboard have a cpu multiplyer in the bios?

i cant believe how cheap it is, it even supports 1066 FSB

thanks for the link (cant give you rep just yet)

i cant believe how cheap it is, it even supports 1066 FSB

thanks for the link (cant give you rep just yet)

I was thinking about buying that board a while back just in case I ever needed a BTX motherboard, the accessories are almost worth $20 by themselves...

that's a great deal...

I was thinking about buying that board a while back just in case I ever needed a BTX motherboard, the accessories are almost worth $20 by themselves...

that's a great deal...

I was just about to say that. I would almost buy it for the frickin SATA cables. They actually look pretty spiffy. Shipping from Geeks is a PITA though...like 11 bucks is the cheapest they shipped a MB to me for....which sucks but oh well...

Back
Top Bottom