EVGA Step Up

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So, I have 6 days left before my step up window closes from EVGA. I'm going to be another 22" monitor soon. So I can do some gaming/movie watching and school work at the same time. Is it worth it to step up to the 280 or 285? My budget is about $125-$150. Should I go for something else, or will my current GTX 260 Core 216 do me well? Is it possible to have each monitor only display one half and together the monitors make a 44" wide screen monitor?

I'm not so sure doing some gaming or watching movies is a good idea while doing your school work. The GTX260 Core 216 performs almost to the level of a GTX280. I think it would be a waste of money to upgrade any more.

I meant any combination of the three. I always watch t.v. or listen to music while doing homework. It helps me focus, believe it or not. Is it possible to have each monitor only a portion of a picture, so I can put them both together? I've seen it done in stores. I just don't know how to do it myself.

i say step up to the 285, the card is highly overclockable and can easly be overclocked to the FTW settings and even higher, you will get around a 20%-25% difference from a 260 to a 285. How much did u purchase your core 216 for ?

how much is EVGA planning to give you when you trade in your card?

They give you whatever you paid. I have to pay the difference between the higher priced card and $6 for shipping.

I say get the 285 bro, its a pretty good card. Ive seen people hit 770 core clock with an OC. I have a friend that gets about 30 FPS with a single 285 oced to the FTW settings that is maxing out Crysis at 1440x900 res (max settings with 16xQ). Of course he has a beast system but the card is really nice

really?
I bought an 8800GT for $150, and tried that step up program.
They only offered me like $15.

I say get the 285 bro, its a pretty good card. Ive seen people hit 770 core clock with an OC. I have a friend that gets about 30 FPS with a single 285 oced to the FTW settings that is maxing out Crysis at 1440x900 res (max settings with 16xQ). Of course he has a beast system but the card is really nice

I'm considering your suggestion. I just want to see what other people say. After adding another monitor, my resolution will be 3360x2100. So, I'm not sure if I will need more graphic power.

Back
Top Bottom