New Motherboard and Cpu

hmm seems like a good deal but its a bit over my budget, is it really worth it? from what i chose

If you really want to upgrade to something that's going to be worth your money and time, maybe you should wait until you build up some fund$. Just a suggestion, but I personally would just hold off a bit. Get a job, get some cash, and buy something that'll be a bit more future-proof and that won't need too many upgrades in the near future.

Just my 2 cents...

If you really want to upgrade to something that's going to be worth your money and time, maybe you should wait until you build up some fund$. Just a suggestion, but I personally would just hold off a bit. Get a job, get some cash, and buy something that'll be a bit more future-proof and that won't need too many upgrades in the near future.

Just my 2 cents...

yea i hear you on that one, but since i just got the 4830 for a good deal i might as well upgrade away from a single core so i can enjoy it to some extent, im not a huge computer gamer so i dont really need to try and compete with the future or anything, i just need a inexpensive get away for now. and when i get more money later ill just upgrade the processor if needed, but im sure that wont be for a good while.

I disagree that an upgrade wouldn't be worth it until he has more funds. But I would put most of the budget into the motherboard, so that when you do have some extra funds, you don't have to upgrade the system all over again. Look for a 780G or any other half decent AM2+ board. Make sure it will support the Phenoms.

EDIT: ^^ That above combo looks very good if you can afford it.

If you're using XP, 1GB will do you well for now. RAM is cheap, so you can always find a good deal on it. Just get the combo and upgrade to more RAM whenever you get the chance.

the only reason i would think in getting the quad is to be future proof but at the same time in getting this i might as well get vista and would need to buy 2 gigs of ram at least aha so yea in the end it is somewhat down to how much im willing to spend but most likely when i will need it in a few years im sure ill be able to get something better, so i might hold on off the quad and im not too sure about the triple one, so in the end i rather just get a fast dual core on a quad capable mobo, so as far as dual core mobos go are there any better mobo cpu combo deals besides the 64 x2 5000+ for 99$

look at this.. proc comes with a good stock fan and Free Shipping on all items

ASUS MOBO

E5200 Wolfdale

Kingston Ram

Yeah if you add it up its close to $140 but im telling you, dont go cheap on a mobo. if you buy that cheap combo and the mobo fails what are you gonna do? its OEM they wont help you with it at all.

But all in all the items i've picked out perform very well (much much better than the 5000+) and have great overclocking capabilities (except the ram)

i heard the 9600 has some problems with vista 64 bit

Would have bought that but decided to go with e7300

look at this.. proc comes with a good stock fan and Free Shipping on all items

ASUS MOBO

E5200 Wolfdale

Kingston Ram

Yeah if you add it up its close to $140 but im telling you, dont go cheap on a mobo. if you buy that cheap combo and the mobo fails what are you gonna do? its OEM they wont help you with it at all.

But all in all the items i've picked out perform very well (much much better than the 5000+) and have great overclocking capabilities (except the ram)

yea ill get the ones you posted instead of that combo thanks alot man.

Back
Top Bottom