New Motherboard and Cpu

Jdilla209

Baseband Member
now im not too sure what good deals are going on exactly but in the next week im going to be buying a new motherboard and cpu. im not looking for anything too crazy just an upgrade from what i have right now, which is a msi ms 7145 motherboard and a amd 64 3400+ cpu.

i came across this on tigerdirect http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4396232&CatId=2417 which doesn't seem like too bad of a deal besides the fact that i have a radeon 4830 which is a pcie 2.0 and this is 1.0 will that effect me? my spending limit right now is 100, so if its not worth it ill just wait a bit longer

the processor is slow. but its dual core and it should help you get way better framerates then with your 3400+. But the package your looking at is OEM which means no stock fan for the cpu. So you will have to buy a fan for it

But if you want something really crazy get this.. $70 more
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.161491
Props to Rohan for showing me this..

The processor has 4 cores and according to benchmarks, its 6 times better than the processor your looking at, and it does come with a stock fan and heatsink. the mobo supports pci x16 2.0 (your hd 4830 doesnt have to be in a 2.0 slot but it does increase the bandwith)

Hello to everyone! I'm new here and just replaced my first, motherboard and processor. The processor I got was an AMD Phenom fx 3 8650 tripple core. I was wondering, is there a software program which will read all three temps? I have speed fan but, it just shows one temp. for cpu which is usually around 35 to 37 degrees C. at idle with about 72 degree room temp. but doesn't list all three cores. Thanks, and glad to be here seems like a very nice forum! :)

much better... itll do really good paired with your hd4830, youll notice the difference right away trust me

just remember you need Socket AM2 fan

Well,
1. That motherboard isn't very good.
2. The processor isn't that great for gaming.
3. The fan should do you fine unless you're overclocking.
4. You're going to need more RAM than that and would want to shoot for 1066.

What exactly is your budget?

Well,
1. That motherboard isn't very good.
2. The processor isn't that great for gaming.
3. The fan should do you fine unless you're overclocking.
4. You're going to need more RAM than that and would want to shoot for 1066.

What exactly is your budget?

yea i would imagine its not too great, i have 1 gig of ram already so ill have 2 so that should be good for this motherboard, but im just thinking this from what i have right now this will give me a big boost, i mean considering the card that i have how much processing speed do i really need for todays games besides crysis of course, as for my budget around 130, i was just thinking for all of this to meet 134, would be a good deal but if i can get better any help would be great

Back
Top Bottom