xbox 360 project

can't you borrow a receipt to extend the warranty?

doesnt the receipt have the serial number of the system?
When i went and got mine, he scanned the sticker on the system and the UPC on the box.
I've got about 2 more years of the RROD warranty, and I think any other faults warranty, IE DVD drive, wont cover. Thats why people said wrap it with a towel, turn it on, and leave it till it gets the RROD, then send it in to MS to get it replaced.

I don't think you can do that. You'll have to buy a new DVD drive of the exact same type. I don't think it'll work unless it's the EXACT same drive. Or, read this:
http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-61.html

Thats what I have heard, I think it has to be the same make and model. Last time i checked, there was 3 different ones.

Yeah. Theres a guide somewhere that shows pictures of the 3 types, based on the look of the disc tray.

doesnt the receipt have the serial number of the system?
When i went and got mine, he scanned the sticker on the system and the UPC on the box.
I've got about 2 more years of the RROD warranty, and I think any other faults warranty, IE DVD drive, wont cover. Thats why people said wrap it with a towel, turn it on, and leave it till it gets the RROD, then send it in to MS to get it replaced.

Thats what I have heard, I think it has to be the same make and model. Last time i checked, there was 3 different ones.

lol the reason why it gets rrod is because people let there xboxs get all clogged up dust then it over heats and the gpu come lose from its socket becouse of all the stress

lol the reason why it gets rrod is because people let there xboxs get all clogged up dust then it over heats and the gpu come lose from its socket becouse of all the stress

isnt another reason is because they play 24/7 on an bad vented place?
I havent met a person that has experienced the RROD, except maybe a friend, he had it, turned it off, then on, and it works fine. I think its one of the older Pro models.
I laughed when I first saw the RROD at walmart.

i cant find any thing about software mods for xbox 360...
im shocked did no one create a linux for it? or support for emulators ect?

There is a linux kernel available for it. It exploits a glitch on a game disc to let you into the system. Keep looking.

I don't know anything about Linux, but this site has all you need to know about modding it:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Basically, all you have to do is unplug the SATA cable from the 360 DVD drive and plug the 360 DVD drive into your computer. Then run some software tools you can find on that site (I won't link here) to flash the DVD drive firmware. That way, it will recognize burned discs as legit. You do need dual layer DVDs though. And you have to be careful about Xbox Live.

Back
Top Bottom