Fan Placement

My parts should come tommorow (Or Tuesday) and i ordered 2 extra 120mm fan,as you can see:

RC-590_4.jpg

I Can put them at the side or at the top,Where should i put them for maximum cooling?

I Was thnking have both of them mounted at the top blowing air out of the case.

Hmmm, the PSU doesn't make any difference to the airflow in the case because it's not acting as an exhaust. You already have one in the rear and at the front, right? I would put them both at the top as exhausts and then tape over the side ventilation holes so it's forced to draw more air in at the front.

Worshipme's plan is good. Heat rises so on the top blowing out would be a good idea.

Hmmm, the PSU doesn't make any difference to the airflow in the case because it's not acting as an exhaust. You already have one in the rear and at the front, right? I would put them both at the top as exhausts and then tape over the side ventilation holes so it's forced to draw more air in at the front.

+1

You might want to check, but one of those side fans might line up pretty well with your cpu cooler. If so, you should put one of them on the side to draw in nice cool air for your cpu cooler. Then put the other fan on the top. The general rule of thumb is to have the same amount of fans for intake and exhaust. So you'll have 2 intake and 2 exhaust, and close off the rest of the holes.

would be better if you put both on the side blow air in, get another 2 and put them on the top blowing air out

My parts should come tommorow (Or Tuesday) and i ordered 2 extra 120mm fan,as you can see:

RC-590_4.jpg

I Can put them at the side or at the top,Where should i put them for maximum cooling?

I Was thnking have both of them mounted at the top blowing air out of the case.

Could you tell me what case is that please? :)

The "hot air goes up" deal doesn't really apply here since air is being pushed around. I personally like a horizontal airflow so I think exhaust on top and back would be kind of weird. If you have an intake on the side it will be hitting the top of the HSF so it really won't do much. If you have an intake from the top you have it hitting the fins of the HSF which will ultimately provide better cooling. I would do the following:

Front - Intake
Back - Exhaust
Top - Intake
Side - Exhaust

If you have two slots in the front, then do two intake there and one exhaust in the back with an intake in the top. Since you have vents everywhere, there's really no need for matching numbers of exhaust and intake.

Back
Top Bottom