Broken Cpu Pin

kirkman

Baseband Member
ok i have a socket 775 and the tip broke off one of the side pins on the mobo cpu socket, what do i do?? new mobo or what?? is there any way i can fix it? im using asus p5q-pro

thanks kirk

you could still try to see if it works or not. Just hope the pin you broke is an ground pin or something. You can google to see what each pins does.

I dont really know if Intel is like AMD with the connector pins, but when I broke one pin off the CPU of an AMD chip, it boots up fine, but it gives memory errors when trying to get dual channel to work.

A Jeweler MAY be able to help you,most of them are used to soldering tiny pieces of metal when repairing/making jewlery.

Cant hurt to ask ;)

depending on what motherboard it is the cheaper option may be to just buy a new one...

just stick a cpu in and see if it works first though...

If it is a data line then you're screwed probably. Unless you can reattach it. If it is a VCC (power) or a VSS (ground) you're probably fine because usually you'll have multiple ones...especially ground. Also it could be an unconnected pin, just try out the CPU, it isn't going to break anything further...

Depending where it is situated, you might be very lucky to have it still working.

I solder hardware pieces on boards, but this type is way too small for a typical solderer to fit on.

Back
Top Bottom