Serious Problem

Yup, check the motherboard for any loose or bulging caps. Check all wires and connections. Check to make sure there is nothing shorting against the board like a misplaced standoff.

ok, everything looks good like i said the liquid was like little dots not a stream about 3 inches long, everything looks good any more ideas??

The liquid cooling fluid won't be the problem 'cause as you've said, it's non conductive.

I'm going to suggest the CPU as the problem. Do you have a spare?

ok, when i unplug the 4 pin power going to the cpu, it works fine, when i plug it back in it starts turning on and shutting off, i did over clcok it to 4 ghz from 3.16 at 1.3 volts but it did run stable, any ideas? no i dont have a spare cpu

it wont even turn on and i took the battey out and reset the CMOS and all that. its only when i unplug the 4 pin cpu power thats when it runs

it wont turn on, only for 2 seconds, i tried reseting the CMOS and i took the battery out and put it back in but nothing, as soon as i plug the 4 pin cpu power in it does its little on and off thing

That has to be either a faulty PSU or motherboard.

You've tried a new PSU so maybe a faulty motherboard?

The thing is your motherboard shouldn't work without the 4 pin PSU power?

It will boot and run without the aux 4 pin power connector. It's there to supply extra current on the 12V rail and provide extra power for the CPU. Many systems will run fine without it. But it's best to have it plugged in.

I'm still thinking there's a short somewhere. If you're up to it, you could remove the motherboard and boot it outside the case to test.

hmm, i took the cpu out and it works fine, but when i put the cpu back in it does its little on and off thing, must be that then, but why??? i only oced it from 3.16 to 4 and people have e8400s at 4.6 and no problems and i have an e 8500, my voltage was only at 1.3 and it ran stable for weeks.

Hey i was running liquid cooling and my pc started turning on and off it would run for almost 2 seconds and shut off and do it over and over again.
Before you start ripping things out, it could be because it's not being cooled properly, are you sure the water block is making good contact with the CPU's IHS?

I had the same problem once when I didn't apply the TIM properly when I reseated my cooler. The system would turn on, the CPU would overheat in two seconds and it would start over in a never ending cycle.

Back
Top Bottom