Serious Problem

kirkman

Baseband Member
Hey i was running liquid cooling and my pc started turning on and off it would run for almost 2 seconds and shut off and do it over and over again. i took it apart and there was a little bit of liquid residue on the board, non conductive stuff, so i cleaned it, ripped out the useless liquid cooling and put my freezer 7 pro back in and made sure that all the residue was gone, but it still turns on and off, i took the cpu out, reset the bios cleaned everything, but it is really starting to upset me because my baby is screwed, any ideas????????

THANKS KIRK

Are you saying that your computer is completely shutting down and then turning back on all by itself? Or is it just stuck in a continuous reboot?

A little reminder, please watch your language. "Remember your post is seen by young people and visitors from all over the world. Let's put our best foot forward".

Wow. I don't think I've ever come across that one. Either you have a serious short somewhere or your power supply is toast. Go through all the wires and connections in your case. Did the liquid get into anything on the mobo? If you have a spare PSU try that.

I have had this problem happen to me a couple (probably 6) times when I have been working in the Tech Office at school and and about90% of the time it was the power supply. But if it isn't, I don't know what to tell ya. Sorry. I hope you figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom