Advice on Building my Gaming Rig

Yep i considered it but couldn't find it available anywhere online. Everywhere i checked was sold out so i decided to use the 4870 x2.

I Just wanted a rig that would be able to handle some pretty sweet games especially since the one im using currently is pretty much crap(Vaio Rb30). Im thinking of adding a bigger psu so i can crossfire the card without running into power issues. Also does anyone know if there is a real difference between Vista home Premium and Ultimate 64bit of course.
Thee really isn't any difference performance wise between Vista Ultimate and Home Premium. You'll do just fine using Home Premium.

The Corsair 750W PSU you selected is fine for a single 4870 X2 setup. But if you ever plan on running them in Crossfire, you're going to need at least a 1000W power supply as suggested by ATI.

Yea im still not sure if ill crosfire yet but to be on the safe side ill probably go with a 1000w psu. Also about Home Premium can i use a Upgrade disk to do a clean install?

Nice. Thanks for the help guys. All that i changed from my original setup was the Psu. I going to go with a Corsair 1000Hx because i have the feeling im going to crossfire and have two 4870x2 in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom