Gaming Laptop?

yeah my laptop has a dedicated 8600...i can play crysis warhead on medium quality..lol. it doesnt overheat either, but yes it does get hot, but thats not the gpu.

It makes each card more efficient by giving it less to do.

Not quite. If one card can do what two do, then that one card is more efficient. Running SLI requires more power, and in a laptop that's something you don't have much leeway. 01001010 probably gave you the best advice. For less than $750 you'll struggle to find a laptop that can do high end gaming. If this is really the priority, I recommend you buy a desktop.

Not quite. If one card can do what two do, then that one card is more efficient. Running SLI requires more power, and in a laptop that's something you don't have much leeway. 01001010 probably gave you the best advice. For less than $750 you'll struggle to find a laptop that can do high end gaming. If this is really the priority, I recommend you buy a desktop.

But, each card only has to render half of what it had to before. It's able to use more resources on a small portion of the screen.

I still fail to understand how an SLI set-up can be more efficient a single card? Like why would you SLI 8800s if you can get a GTX295? If you meant to say it gives a performance boost I agree. Two 8800GT would perform better than one, but it may not necessarily be more efficient. You have to consider that he is running a laptop and if he is going to have to keep it plugged in at all times might as well get a desktop.

I still fail to understand how an SLI set-up can be more efficient a single card? Like why would you SLI 8800s if you can get a GTX295? If you meant to say it gives a performance boost I agree. Two 8800GT would perform better than one, but it may not necessarily be more efficient. You have to consider that he is running a laptop and if he is going to have to keep it plugged in at all times might as well get a desktop.

I'm talking about having the option of using 1 card to 2. I meant all of that in general, not for laptops.

Back
Top Bottom