Good software firewalls?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I recently had to purchase a new modem/router as my old one of many years finally packed it much to my annoyance! The best thing about it was the in-built hardware firewall which stopped anything from getting in unwanted. Problem is, my new one doesn't have the hardware firewall so i'm now gonna need good firewall software for my computers and was wondering what the latest and greatest is?

It's been years since i've had any firewalls installed on my computers so i'm not in touch with it anymore lol

Matt

I have Windows Vista Business so it has Window's Defender on it. With that being said I use Comodo Internet Security and I love it. If there's one thing I've learned during my time at CF it is anything Atomic Rooster says is true and helpful!
Remember: Only have 1 firewall running at a time because they can conflict with each other

Thanks for the replies guys. When I checked out Zonealarm I remembered thats what I used to use years ago, so i've installed that. I'm a little confused, though it's probably me being blonde.....

Say I open a bittorrent client (for example) and it tells me to open port xxxx, I used to go to my router's settings and open it, and it worked. Now all the ports are just open and accepting connections without me having to do anything??

By the way I just got a TP-Link TD-8810 modem and the TL-WR941ND router...

Back
Top Bottom