Advice on Building my Gaming Rig

Vashanime04

Solid State Member
Hi im trying to build a rig that is going to be able to run every new game that i can throw at it at the moment. This is what I've come up with at the moment and would like any advice you guys can give on what parts should be taken out or if everythingis alright to do some serious gaming.:D

Cpu: Intel Core I7 920 2.66ghz

Board:GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R

Gpu:SAPPHIRE 100251SR Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit

Memory:G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB)

PSupply:CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

Case:XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower

Hi, a few questions:

- Do you overclock?
- Where are you in the world?
- What is your monitor's native res?
- What is your budget?

That looks like a pretty good setup for your circumstances. You might want to go with a modular PSU though, it'll make cable management a lot easier.

That setup looks sick. It won't be outdated for years; therefore you'll be able to play any game you want for a long time!

I Just wanted a rig that would be able to handle some pretty sweet games expecially since the one im using currently is pretty much crap(Vaio Rb30). Im thinking of adding a bigger psu so i can crossfire the card without running into power issues. Also does anyone know if there is a real difffernce between Vista home Premium and Ultimate 64bit of course.

Ultimate x64 lets you utilize more RAM and has more bells and whistles. I would really go for the Phenom II series on here. They outperform the i7 in games and cost a considerable amount less to setup.

I Just wanted a rig that would be able to handle some pretty sweet games expecially since the one im using currently is pretty much crap(Vaio Rb30). Im thinking of adding a bigger psu so i can crossfire the card without running into power issues. Also does anyone know if there is a real difffernce between Vista home Premium and Ultimate 64bit of course.

the bonuses in ultimate don't amount to much if anything at all, get the cheaper (Premium?) version...

as psus go, modular is nice but you pay a premium for it, Corsair is a great brand and this 550VX would be a good choice also at a reasonable price...

Yea just saw an article and Vista Ultimate just isn't in my opinion worth it ill just grab a copy of Home Premium.

Back
Top Bottom