Gaming Laptop?

Snakebear

Solid State Member
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm looking for a low to mid range laptop that must have dedicated graphics and an hdmi out port capable of handling some newer games. Looking to spend at most $750, doesn't have to be new. Any suggestions? Thanks. I'm currently using an Acer Extensa 5420 with a 1.9 duel core, 2gig ram, 896 shared video memory so I'm looking for an upgrade to that.

gaming laptops tend to overheat and be unpleasurable. stay away from them. a laptop isnt supposed to play high end games.

gaming laptops tend to overheat and be unpleasurable. stay away from them. a laptop isnt supposed to play high end games.

That's not true at all. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 that handles older games like CS and CS:S fine without overheating the slightest bit. Why do we have gaming laptops that support SLI and CrossFire, if that is the case?

That's not true at all. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 that handles older games like CS and CS:S fine without overheating the slightest bit. Why do we have gaming laptops that support SLI and CrossFire, if that is the case?

i said its not supposed to be for high end games... CS and CS:S are NOT high end games although they are very popular.

the SLI and crossfire laptops...those are just ridiculous. those DO overheat, and if they dont, only last about an hour at max without the charger... wats the point...

i said its not supposed to be for high end games... CS and CS:S are NOT high end games although they are very popular.

the SLI and crossfire laptops...those are just ridiculous. those DO overheat, and if they dont, only last about an hour at max without the charger... wats the point...

It's still better than having to lug around a desktop everywhere. They come in handy for people who travel a lot.

are SLI cards good

Depends. They use two cards to do what one could. It makes each card more efficient by giving it less to do. It's like telling you to carry a log up a hill. Even though you could, it would be difficult. SLI is like doing that with 2, 3, or even 4 people helping you.

You could try looking at the Dell XPS M1530. You might be able to get it at that price with online coupons. Look around.

I have a Dell Inspirion 9300. It was one of the first mainstream laptops with a dedicated gpu (GeForce Go 6800). It is still able to play CS:Source (@ 65 fps) and (if I still played it) WoW just fine! If you want to play system intensive games don't get a laptop, get a desktop! I went from that laptop to the rig in my sig...it was a 100+ fps jump!

Back
Top Bottom