tv tuner

It allows you to watch tv on your PC instead of on a television set or via a set top box. You can get digital TV without a set-top box and you can also record TV channels or stream them etc. on your PC

Would a tv tuner let you play consoles on your pc monitor? I'd like to connect my gamecube to my pc, but I don't know if it would work.

It allows you to watch tv on your PC instead of on a television set or via a set top box. You can get digital TV without a set-top box and you can also record TV channels or stream them etc. on your PC
X2.....a tv tuner is a very handy piece of hardware.

Would a tv tuner let you play consoles on your pc monitor? I'd like to connect my gamecube to my pc, but I don't know if it would work.
Yes I believe so.

I have a question about TV tuners...
I've been contemplating building a Multimedia/Entertainment PC for awhile now...one that will take the place of my DvD/Blu-Ray, DVR, Cable box, etc. Just as sort of a test, I bought a TV card for my home computer (Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Media Center Kit Dual TV Tuner) and no doubt, it works well. But I've noticed that it only receives channels 1-100 (or 99). Most HD channels are above this number. I figure this has something to do with not having a cable box. I've tried messing around with Windows Media but it doesn't look to be a software issue. I've heard of "cable cards" And what-not but I was under the impression that this is/was defunct technology. Anyway, bottom line...is there a way to get all channels w/o the use of a cable box? Am I missing something?

Gaming systems like GameCube, X-Box 360, Sony PS, and others are designed for television display. Tv tuner cards use DVI, s-video, even RCA phono composite inputs along with seeing a 75ohm cable tv jack.

The signal type for a gaming system is different from vhs, cable, external dvd players, and both composite tape type and digital camcorders there. You need a regular television for display even while cable tv uses the same 75ohm input.

I have a question about TV tuners...
I've been contemplating building a Multimedia/Entertainment PC for awhile now...one that will take the place of my DvD/Blu-Ray, DVR, Cable box, etc. Just as sort of a test, I bought a TV card for my home computer (Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Media Center Kit Dual TV Tuner) and no doubt, it works well. But I've noticed that it only receives channels 1-100 (or 99). Most HD channels are above this number. I figure this has something to do with not having a cable box. I've tried messing around with Windows Media but it doesn't look to be a software issue. I've heard of "cable cards" And what-not but I was under the impression that this is/was defunct technology. Anyway, bottom line...is there a way to get all channels w/o the use of a cable box? Am I missing something?

The one thing done here when patching a cable box into the system through a tuner card was in fact plugging the cable box into a vcr for both recording and playback on the pc later. The input source would see only one channel while the tuner on the cable box itself was used for selecting each channel.
(Gee? ended up with some 400 channels that way! :D )

A TV tuner is primarily a coaxial input. There are plenty cards ("capture cards" some include coaxial input)out there with a component input tho, you could use on of those and input your Gamecube (or xbox or ps2, anything with a 3-piece component input RYW) to your pc. Then you could watch it on your pc, or record bits, whatever you like.
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...+VideoMate+C200+Capture+Stick?productId=33811

Back
Top Bottom