Fixing RAM frequency

Maybe, but I don't think so... If it wasn't compatible it just wouldn't work.

The best thing for you to do right now is go to BIOS and set the timing manually. Do that then report back

Gotcha. I am waiting on a huge download to finish and I don't really want to interrupt it, so I will do that as soon as it finishes (it's almost done).

I switched one of the DIMMs to another slot and now it's reading as dual channel. I then went into the bios and set the DRAM frequency to 1066.

These are my new readings:
eu3o9e.jpg

ipd1dk.jpg

looks like CPU-Z still reads it as PC2 6400 instead of 8500.

Sorry bro that's as far as my knowledge goes about this.

worshipme is online, he should know be able to help. Just sit tight im sure he will comment :)

haha okay. thanks for your input

I saw this on another board about the same problem...

"Keep in mind that 8500 is not a JEDEC standard, while 6400 is. That is most likely why the SPD tab is showing 6400 as the highest frequency. I believe the latest version of cpu-z may be able to read non-JEDEC standard speeds as rated by the chips on the memory"...

so basically I guess that your memory is running at the speed it should, but just doesn't show up as 1066mhz PC2 8500...

Hm even though I just downloaded the latest version of CPU-Z?

Alternatively, is there somewhere else I can look up my ram frequency other than the BIOS?

Hm even though I just downloaded the latest version of CPU-Z?

Alternatively, is there somewhere else I can look up my ram frequency other than the BIOS?

there are other programs, Everest, PC Wizard (made by the people who make cpu-z, so it'll probably be the same), your best bets may be Everest or memset though...

Back
Top Bottom