quick one

altimator2001

Baseband Member
how would i go about hooking up a mfpp to a power supply. The fan adapter has a 4 pin connection to hook to the power supply but either I don't know what im doing wrong or hooking the wrong connector in to the mfpp because the fans do not power up

You should hook up a molex connector to it. Looks like this:
800px-Molex_female_connector.jpg

I have tried this to no avail. Im not using this inside a case or a pc for that matter. I have a psu and the mfpp and 3-pin fans need to know how the heck I get this running. Thanks for the help

Ay I jus did this I was sitting here and remembered someone had said this in my first post but that worked and y does it make me plug both fan connectors the 3-pin connector in the mfpp and the 4-pin in a molex 4-pin in order for the fans to run i thought the purpose of the mfpp was to avoid having to use the paper clip or a mother board for this to work and does not

Ay I jus did this I was sitting here and remembered someone had said this in my first post but that worked and y does it make me plug both fan connectors the 3-pin connector in the mfpp and the 4-pin in a molex 4-pin in order for the fans to run i thought the purpose of the mfpp was to avoid having to use the paper clip or a mother board for this to work and does not
The purpose of it is to be able to run more fans than you already have slots for.

The reason you have to short it out is that in any PC power supply, those two pins need to be shorted in order for it to start. Normally, that plug goes into the motherboard, which will have a power switch wired up to it. When you press the power switch, the motherboard knows to short those pins.

If the thing had a connector for that motherboard plug, then it could start by itself. Without that, it cannot.

Just to let everyone know I hooked all four fans up to the 4-pin molex connectors and used a y adapter for a little more length didn't need to use the MFPP wish I would've thought of this before I spent the 7.00 on the MFPP. I am using the paper clip trick and wrapped it all around with electrical tape the 24 pin connector and the clip its not the best looking but its working we'll see how long this lasts.. Its only going to cool my xbox 360 inside my entertainment unit

Back
Top Bottom