ps3 temperature montoring

Well, it seems that it gets hot, especially in the summertime, I have to take it out of my entertainment center and set it on top so it doesn't get quite so hot. I know it shuts down if it gets to hot, but I'd feel better having an actual temperature reading somewhere so I can see myself if it's getting too hot. I just like to keep a handle on my stuff....lol

Anyone know of any liquid cooling kits for the ps3

Well you *Kinda* have a temperature monitor on it already,if it gets too hot the light will turn red,and then if it gets too hot it will shutdown.

MY first thought was just to get a little temp monitor lcd and attach the sensors to the consoles components, then dremel out a little window and mount the screen (with a blue backlight) in view of that window. Would suit the purpose and look cool.

MY first thought was just to get a little temp monitor lcd and attach the sensors to the consoles components, then dremel out a little window and mount the screen (with a blue backlight) in view of that window. Would suit the purpose and look cool.
Yeah, I could go for that. I just would like a visual of the temperatures so I can see how much it goes up and down and things like that.

I'd say get one of these (or something similar)
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5..._Blue_Light.html?tl=g34c137&id=skvPYwCD#blank

Get it as bare as you can. Cut the molex head off and find a source of 5v inside the case (you might need to add a resistor in series to get down from the supplied current to 25 mA) attach the probe to what you want to measure. Mount the screen in a cut out bit of the ps3, id mount it in with hot glue and then lay on some perspex to keep it all flush. Should be good.

Back
Top Bottom