Need grapic card help.

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So, I have an 8800GT laying around. If I stick it in my computer with my Core 216 and use it only for physics. How much of a performance increase would I see?

if its not for gaming, then none.
But if it is for gaming, then the only increase you would get is if you play games that uses physx, which there arent much.
Game Links

If the game doesnt support physx, then you wont get any performance.

It would probably be insignificant. You'd be better off selling the 8800GT and using the money to upgrade your computer.

I have everything I need in my computer right now. I might sell the card and go for another 22" monitor. I have a good GPU, CPU, plenty of RAM. I don't need another hard drive. I have an extremely nice sound card which stopped working. But, I'm sending it back tomorrow and getting a replacement. I do really, really, really want to move to a full tower. It's just a waste of money because my Antec 900 does a terrific job. I guess I'll just take the money and save it.

Not every upgrade needs to be a performance boost ;)
Your computer is plenty fast. You've got a nice sound card - how are your speakers though? Surround? Maybe a Raptor?

You'll see some improvement when playing PhysX enabled games, but nothing to write home about.

Since you have a spare 8800GT, you may as well pop it in and see how it goes. :D

Not every upgrade needs to be a performance boost ;)
Your computer is plenty fast. You've got a nice sound card - how are your speakers though? Surround? Maybe a Raptor?

I currently have some Logitec X-230 speakers. I live in a townhouse, so I can't turn them up too much. They do the job fantastically. I just ordered this Gamecom 777 headset. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265066&Tpk=gamecom 777

but nothing to write home about.

I've been hearing you say that a lot lately, haha.

Back
Top Bottom