WTB: 2 sli video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Optimized
Well, I have $120 coming in a few days and I am wondering if anybody on here has a pair of sli video cards that they are looking to sell. Depending on what you have, I may also do some negotiating too.

What games are you looking to run? Might be easier to get one up to date card. Two cards on a $120 budget probably won't scale together very well as a single card would.. just a thought. :)

Let me know, I'd be glad to help.

i'd go with Bullzi's suggestion, get 1 card for 120$, it'll run much better then two cheap cards.

Another reason is that I only have a 450 watt power supply and I am not sure if I can handle a heaftier card. Kind of a reason for doing SLI on two less intensive cards. But what do you suggest is the max card my power supply can support safely?

And I am gamer, but I don't need to play everything on highest. just med/ high with decent frames is good for me.

I ran my EVGA 8800GTS Superclocked edition with an athlon 6000 (power hog) on a 400w psu, it cranked out the heat, but after 5 months, never had any issues with it at all.

So, I could see you realistically running a 9800GT as the highest, with todays games that's going to give you some very decent performance.

Thanks. :) Not my only problem is finding a good used 9800GT on Ebay. I found a good 9600 and 8800 though.

I think I would! I haven't used anything more than 8500's and 8400's for the past three years. Plus the motherboard I am going to get with go a long nicely with the 8800. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom