Thinking about building a new computer

Celticsfan

Banned
Not sure of what I would need so I thought you great folks out here could help me out. I have a 10 year old computer tower I could use as a case so I assume I don't need one of those and I have 2GB of RAM so I might be OK with that. So if you guys don't mind what else would I need.

I will say I am NOT a gamer and the PC will mainly be for browsing the net.

Thx

Is the ram ddr or ddr 2 because ddr wouldn't work on too many new mother boards as far as I know
Your case may work if it large enough to hold the stuff you want.
Could you give a budget and your country?

Memory is DDR2. For budget say $300 to $350. I live in the OS. I don't need an OS either.

thx

I also have a stick of RAm that I am unsure of the size. How do I tell the size. It does say compaq 323012-001 on it if that is any help.

What kind of case do you have? Is it a case from a name brand computer? If so, it probably won't work with aftermarket stuff. What speed is the ram? I'm assuming ddr2-800.

if its 10 years old and im assuming you havent built a pc before, then i doubt the case is any good. just buy a cheap new one :)

OCZ SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)

So what kind of things am I going to need and when it comes to specs what do I look for?

thx

if your old computer is a brand computer like HP you may run into some problems when your putting in your new components into it. Can you find a website that links to your computer's specs?

Back
Top Bottom